The inaugural welcome post

Chris_B

« on: 15 Oct 2005, 04:45 pm »
Welcome to the Mid Atlantic Audio Circle.  We are a group of audio enthusiasts/audiophiles from the area encompassing Delaware/Maryland/DC/Northern Virginia/Southern New Jersey/Southern Pennsylvania. Our primary goals are:

- to help each other with audio related problems by giving each other advice
 - to share our love and our passion for all things audio.
 - to freely exchange ideas related to audio
 - to schedule social gatherings to listen to gear
 - to make new friends and see old friends as well.

Everyone is welcome to post on this circle so please introduce yourself and let us know how you got started in audio.

Scott F.

« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2005, 05:40 pm »
Hiya Chris,

Congratulations on the MAA Circle and welcome to the Regional Circles portion of AC  :mrgreen:

I know from those of us that started the GAS Circle (Gateway Audio Society), its been a great way to keep in touch as a group. I think now we are well over 25 guys that get together on an irregular basis to listen and just hang out. Its been great fun.

Enjoy!

PhilNYC

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2005, 05:50 pm »
Congrats on the new MAAC circle guys and gals!  Based on the number of votes to get this group made, I'm going to guess that you guys become the most active of all the regional circles.

Don't forget to have someone take and post pictures of your meetings...that's half the fun! :D

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2005, 11:15 pm »
Very cool, congrats guys.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2005, 01:32 am »
Congrats on your circle guys !!!! :beer:
    Good to see another area group coming together....hope there's even more area groups to come. 8) [/list:u]
      And who knows, its not that far away...maybe some of "those" NY guys might pay a visit one day....Happy Listening !!!! :beer: [/list:u]
        Chris[/list:u]

suits_me

« Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2005, 11:12 pm »
For those interested in ftf audio groups Philly already has a large one just teeming with high end folks and a few industry connections. Southern and northern New Jersey also have groups, along with the aforementioned NYC one(s).

JoshK

« Reply #6 on: 17 Oct 2005, 12:44 am »
Quote from: suits_me
For those interested in ftf audio groups Philly already has a large one just teeming with high end folks and a few industry connections. Southern and northern New Jersey also have groups, along with the aforementioned NYC one(s).

What is ftf?

suits_me

« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2005, 01:39 am »
I should have used all caps, I guess. Face To Face. Non virtual. Although the Philly group also has a mailing list, it's different from a forum interface like this....

bunky

Re: The inaugural welcome post
« Reply #8 on: 17 Oct 2005, 08:23 am »
Quote from: Chris_B
Welcome to the Mid Atlantic Audio Circle.  We are a group of audio enthusiasts/audiophiles from the area encompassing Delaware/Maryland/DC/Northern Virginia/Southern New Jersey/Southern Pennsylvania. Our primary goals are:

- to help each other with audio related problems by giving each other advice
 - to share our love and our passion for all things audio.
 - to freely exchange ideas related to audio
 - to schedule social gatherings to listen to gear
 - to make new friends and see old friends as  ...
Hey Chris, i asked someone to step up to the plate and help out and you took the ball and ran with it. a million thanks buddy!....WCW III

s.a.l.

« Reply #9 on: 11 Sep 2010, 09:55 pm »
Hello.  I'm new to Audiocircle and I'm not sure where to post this, but this seemed like a logical start so here we go....

I'm interested in Salk speakers/ Van Alstine amps.  Since they are sold direct, I cant' listen to them anywhere except at shows. 

I was wondering if any Salk/Van Alstine owners in the New Jersey area would be kind enough to open their doors to a very appreciative listener for an audition? 

Best,

Luka

hifiman5

« Reply #10 on: 29 Jan 2011, 12:50 am »
I am pleased to see the MAAC.  Hopefully we can get a strong dialog going amongst the members.  I am located in Lancaster County PA and would enjoy hearing from others as to their general location and what their systems are like.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2012, 03:32 pm »
Looks like we're back in business folks.  Obviously no changes will be made, let's just keep going strong and show those GAS guys what for.

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #12 on: 6 Jun 2012, 01:08 am »
What the hell happened?  Did we not have enough message traffic? 

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #13 on: 6 Jun 2012, 02:16 pm »
What the hell happened?  Did we not have enough message traffic?

There was an "administrative" issue with the former facilitator.  All is well now and we'll continue on as if nothing had happened. 

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #14 on: 6 Jun 2012, 03:00 pm »
Oh.  Thanks for taking on the facilitator job.  Hope to meet you at Capital Audio Show.
Rich

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #15 on: 5 Aug 2012, 05:23 am »
Assuming that there's a very small group of MAAC members from the DC metro area.  Small enough that perhaps we could schedule a meet up to audition gear / hang out?  Like the Jersey post back when, I've also wanted to hear Salk speakers, but don't want to run up the CC & incur charges on returns just to hear.  Anyway - hoping we can drum up some more traffic.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #16 on: 7 Sep 2012, 03:19 am »
Assuming that there's a very small group of MAAC members from the DC metro area.  Small enough that perhaps we could schedule a meet up to audition gear / hang out?  Like the Jersey post back when, I've also wanted to hear Salk speakers, but don't want to run up the CC & incur charges on returns just to hear.  Anyway - hoping we can drum up some more traffic.

:scratch:

Maybe I'm missing something, I've had a couple or Martini's, but didn't you just do a great job of sparking interest that lead to a meet at Phil's house tomorrow?  I assume you're going there Saturday.  I mean, you did good work reviving a dead thread, it's all appreciated I'm sure, but perhaps I've missed the intent of the post?  Do you mean to set up another meet, or one in a different area of the Mid-Atlantic?  Thanks in advance for any clarification, and thanks again for bringing some participation.

Phil A

« Reply #17 on: 7 Sep 2012, 03:27 am »
:scratch:

Maybe I'm missing something, I've had a couple or Martini's, but didn't you just do a great job of sparking interest that lead to a meet at Phil's house tomorrow?  I assume you're going there Saturday.  I mean, you did good work reviving a dead thread, it's all appreciated I'm sure, but perhaps I've missed the intent of the post?  Do you mean to set up another meet, or one in a different area of the Mid-Atlantic?  Thanks in advance for any clarification, and thanks again for bringing some participation.

Hope the Martini's where shaken and not stirred :green:  I think he was saying he wants to hear Salk Speakers.  Salk was not at the last Capital Audiofest, but they were at the prior two.  Dennis Murphy (who is local in MD) and has done design work for Salk shared a room with Salk in 2011 for his Philharmonic Speakers (they have a website) and had a room on his own this past July.  He also uses Raal tweeters in some of his models.  Extremely nice for the money (and the top of the line model was no slouch vs Salk).  I'm sure he wouldn't mind being contacted.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #18 on: 7 Sep 2012, 04:00 am »
Hope the Martini's where shaken and not stirred :green:  I think he was saying he wants to hear Salk Speakers. 

Who would stir a Martini?  At least not with one containing Vodka.  I've heard that shaking bruises the Gin in a Gin Martini, but as I drink Gin Martinis on the rocks and very dry, stirring or shaking seems utterly useless.  Vodka Martinis are always served up and shaken.  Damn, I think I'll make another, bye.

KLH007

« Reply #19 on: 6 Dec 2012, 04:03 pm »
I just put me on the map, and I'd like to join MAAC. My audio disease started 1968 when I got a KLH int amp and open reel deck and built a pair of speakers.