Old 3A M3's

eagletree

Old 3A M3's
« on: 12 Feb 2005, 11:55 pm »
I currently own a pair of 3A M3 Master Series Generation II speakers. These were made in France in the early 1990's. They were made by the original company which eventually became Reference 3A.

I would like to make them part of a new Home Theater system, which I am starting to put together.

I would like to add a center and surrounds (side wall mountable) to these speakers.

Can anyone provide me with recommendations of suitable center + surrounds to go with these? Obviously I would like the center + surrounds to be sonically similar to my current A3's.

My budget is flexible, between $1,500 and $2,500 for the center + surrounds.

My current system includes an old Yamaha CD CDX-1100U player, which will get replaced, as well as a Bryston 0.4B pre-amp and Sim Audio 3050 power amp. The Bryston will be replaced, since it is basically a "wire with a gain" type of pre-amp that cannot really fit into an HT setup, but I would like to keep the Sim power amp as it is really a very nice, simple & reliable unit either to drive the surrounds or the mains.

Also any thoughts on additional power amps for the 3 new speakers would be welcome as well as recommendations for source (universal player) and thoughts on suitable pre/pros that would work well with what I have.

Thank you.