Cables

MBACINELLO

Cables
« on: 20 Jan 2005, 08:54 pm »
In auditioning the Da Capo's my dealer suggested the best cables to use are van den hul because thats what the speakers are internally wired with...has anyone tried this...it makes a certain amount of sense i guess...are there better alternatives...does anyone know which van den hul cables are used internally?

catholic taste

Cables
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2005, 04:25 am »
I currently use VDH HYBRID 352 and enjoy the bass generated, however on my Arcam (BFA) I use Tributaries SP5F and am astounded by the clarity.  While using a 3.5-watt SET amp I used a specialty (high efficiency) cable to great effect. These speakers will translate any language you feed them.

Vikram

Cables
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2005, 03:17 am »
I've heard VDH are good, but have no experience with them. I don't however buy that you have to use the speaker cables that the speaker is internally wired with in order to get good sound. What are you looking for sonically, neutrality, warmth, detail, bass??

Vik

MBACINELLO

Cables
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2005, 02:40 pm »
in a cable i would value absolute neutrality, and frequency extension, i want the cables to impart the least sonic signature possible, and provide as good a conduit for the recorded sound as possible..
fyi, as yet i dont own the de capos but am very seriously considering them for my next upgrade, i currently use xlo ultra cable, which in my current system sounds very nice, my dealer suggested that with the decapos it would sound bright and have weak bass...that however is  pretty much the opposit of my experience thus far with this cable...he also charicterized the van den hul as being completely neutral, although ive read several comments on van den hul that characterize it as warm and rolled off in the frequency extremes...the de capo binding posts dont accept banana plugs right??  so i will have to change speaker cables when i upgrade my speakers cause my xlos are terminated with bananas

Terry

bananas?
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2005, 10:40 pm »
The DeCapos do accept bananas!