Hello from the Midwest

GregDunn

Hello from the Midwest
« on: 5 Jan 2018, 10:16 pm »
Hi, new member here.  Mainly joining to share and utilize resources on audio gear.  I'm a long-time Magneplanar speaker owner (42 years) and so may drop into the planar circle more often than others...

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello from the Midwest
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2018, 10:43 pm »
Welcome Greg :thumb: wow 42 years is a life.

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2018, 10:58 pm »
Welcome Greg!  Where are you located?

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2018, 11:46 pm »
Welcome!

GregDunn

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jan 2018, 04:47 am »
Not far from Indianapolis - though I lived in Iowa when I originally bought the speakers.  They fell victim to the wire corrosion issue a few years ago so  I recently made a double round-trip to the Magnepan factory to get them refurbished.  While there I was privileged not only to see the inside of the factory but also meet all the people who build the speakers and keep things ticking over smoothly.  They answered a lot of questions and were quite helpful.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 6 Jan 2018, 06:36 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC GregDunn   :thumb:  Talked to Indy this AM, stay warm, sounds like things are pretty brutal temp-wise.

GregDunn

« Reply #6 on: 7 Jan 2018, 04:54 am »
It's getting warmer over the next few days - I'm just glad I made the trip to Minneapolis before it turned cold up there!

JakeJ

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jan 2018, 04:22 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, Greg!  I have friends with Magnepans and do sound good.