Mytek stereo192 and microRendu "no lock"

stereocilia

Mytek stereo192 and microRendu "no lock"
« on: 16 Dec 2017, 03:17 pm »
I read the "known issues" #6, so I booted the microRendu while the DAC is on, and still "no lock" for the usb 2.0 input. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Thanks!

firedog

Re: Mytek stereo192 and microRendu "no lock"
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2017, 07:27 am »
The DAC has to "see" the mR boot up, meaning it has to be on when the mR boots up. It sometimes takes more than one attempt.
Is your mR up to date? If not, update and try again.

If you really can't get it to work, put in a request to Sonore. They can look at your setup online and get it working.
Also, try another USB cable and/or the other USB input on the Mytek just to see.

stereocilia

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2017, 03:35 pm »
It does work on the usb 1.0 input. My mytek does not have the latest firmware but the microRendu does, and it may be a little while before a friend who has a fire wire (I don't have one) connector can help me out. I will update and report back. Good to know it may take several attempts. There must be folks who've gotten this to work. Thanks!

firedog

« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2017, 07:11 am »
Again, if I was you I would contact Sonore. They can probably logon remotely to your system and fix whatever issue there is.

pis99

« Reply #4 on: 18 Dec 2017, 08:56 am »
I had exactly the same problem before. This problem can be solved with the firmware upgrade for mRendu. 20 bucks worth every penny I would say. And make sure you update firmware for your Mytek192 too.

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/pages/sonicorbiter-2-5

It does work on the usb 1.0 input. My mytek does not have the latest firmware but the microRendu does, and it may be a little while before a friend who has a fire wire (I don't have one) connector can help me out. I will update and report back. Good to know it may take several attempts. There must be folks who've gotten this to work. Thanks!

stereocilia

« Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2017, 06:29 pm »
micro Rendu has the 2.5. I will get the mytek updated soon...

stereocilia

« Reply #6 on: 20 Dec 2017, 01:34 pm »
All the software is now updated. I did get the display to read "88.1" (??? is that even a sampling frequency). Once or twice, but no sound. The rest of the time: no lock.
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2017, 03:17 pm by stereocilia »

stereocilia

« Reply #7 on: 22 Dec 2017, 03:48 am »
The answer per Jesus is that the Mytek stereo192 is not compatible with the latest microRendu (2.5) firmware with the USB 2 input. It works fine on usb 1, but no hi-res, no dsd, obviously. Going back to version 2.3 is the only way to make that work.

strojo

« Reply #8 on: 24 Dec 2017, 02:38 pm »
Not sure if my problem shares some similarities, but my V1.4 hardware/v2.5 software unit doesn’t report the correct bit rate when connected fo my Mytek Brooklyn with latest firmware.  The screen shows 32-bit for 24-bit files.  They play correctly, but the display is wrong.

stereocilia

« Reply #9 on: 27 Dec 2017, 10:44 pm »
Weird. What does it display for rate vs. What's being sent?

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
« Reply #10 on: 1 Jan 2018, 03:39 pm »
Not sure if my problem shares some similarities, but my V1.4 hardware/v2.5 software unit doesn’t report the correct bit rate when connected fo my Mytek Brooklyn with latest firmware.  The screen shows 32-bit for 24-bit files.  They play correctly, but the display is wrong.
Try power cycling (remove/reinsert power cord) your DAC.