Raal tweeter

ricardojoa

Raal tweeter
« on: 21 Oct 2017, 06:55 pm »
Does anyone know, other than Salk, vapor audio, selah and ascends, which high end company uses their tweeters?
Doesnt seem like all that well know out side from these circles.
Thanks

WGH

Re: Raal tweeter
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2017, 08:36 pm »
The Von Schweikert Audio VR-55 Aktive uses a RAAL. From the Absolute Sound review: "The 3 inch aluminum-foil ribbon used for the Rear Ambiance Tweeter was designed by European speaker-maker RAAL, and boasts an upper frequency extension of 60kHz."

Philharmonic Audio also uses the RAAL tweeter in many of their speakers.

weatherman1

« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2017, 05:43 am »
RAAL is a Serbian company owned by the developer of the technology he uses.  Until recently each unit was made by hand by a few people.  The units are excellent but expensive.  Recently a plant with machines to do some of the processes was built which has allowed an increase in production.  Some tasks in the building process are still done by hand.  Prices and availability of OEM models has come down some but they continue to add a significant cost to any speaker system over other brands.

versus rider

« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2017, 01:20 pm »
IMO they are the best ribbon tweeters, they just disappear into the music. Since selling my front horn, OB bass and raal tweeter set up I use aurum cantus ribbons and very good they are and reasonably priced. I'm less obsessed these days.
With Raal you get the best customer service available, I fried one when my deqx went wrong and aleksander of raal sent me a new pair of foil assemblies even though he knew it was the fault of another component. A member on another forum had the same experience.
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2017, 09:44 am by versus rider »

OzarkTom

« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2017, 09:02 pm »
Go on youtube and search with these words.

raal tweeter speakers

vkohl

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: 2 Feb 2018, 08:54 am »
ALTA uses the RAAL in their latest $32,000 speaker