Dunkirk

milford3

Dunkirk
« on: 21 Dec 2017, 07:01 pm »
I watched the Blu-Ray movie Dunkirk last night.  In HT mode this movie is stunning.  It is so well recorded that I had to turn down my two subs.  If any member is a war movie junkie like I am this is a must have.

Folsom

Re: Dunkirk
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2017, 09:55 pm »
Home theater must... Don't watch it on just a TV. Projector/giant TV and some speakers are needed.

stlrman

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2018, 04:12 pm »
Fantastic movie!!! :thumb: My wife does not care for war movies, but she was very entertained, and called it one of the best war movies she has ever seen!
Great subwoofer work out as mentioned.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2018, 04:24 pm »
I'll throw it up on my HT this week.  I am on the last of Rossellini's war trilogy (shot during and immediately after the war, in Europe), so Dunkirk will be a nice endcap to that.  Can't wait!

Mike B.

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2018, 06:02 pm »
It is visually stunning but I didn't get emotionally involved with the story. It was too many individual stories wrapped in. More like a documentary if I had to  make a simple statement.

Calypte

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2018, 06:26 pm »
I agree with Mike B.  There's no dramatic arc to the story, and we never learn enough to care about the characters.

MttBsh

« Reply #6 on: 12 Feb 2018, 07:13 pm »
My wife and I saw the movie in the theater partly because my dad landed at Normandy with the American troops and also because of the great reviews. I enjoyed the film and appreciated the cinematography, but overall I didn't feel it was memorable or lived up to the hype.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #7 on: 12 Feb 2018, 08:28 pm »
I enjoyed the film and appreciated the cinematography, but overall I didn't feel it was memorable or lived up to the hype.

+1

SlushPuppy

« Reply #8 on: 12 Feb 2018, 09:17 pm »
I didn't care for it at all to be honest. Darkest Hour on the other hand was one of the best movies I've ever seen.