SOLD: Modwright Oppo BDP-105D Audio Magic and Bybee Upgrades

gelajoy

I have for sale an excellent Modwright/Oppo BDP-105D universal player with the ‘Truth’ Umbilical cable mod, the Audio Magic Pulse Gen ZX upgrade, and the Bybee Rail upgrade. The top of the player has some light scratches, but the front and sides are excellent. The Oppo comes with external Modwright PS 9.9 tube power supply and Modwright ‘Truth’ Umbilical cord.

Modwright's description of the mods can be found here:

http://www.modwright.com/modifications/oppo-bdp83-and-bdp83se-mod.php

Jim Hannon of Absolute Sound concluded that:

"So are the Modwright “Truth” modifications to Oppo’s BDP-105 player worth the cost and the risk? The answer to that question is a resounding, “Yes!” The build-quality is exemplary and the sonics are exceptional. It is the first digital player I have had in my listening room that didn’t make me want to go back to my analog rig right away, and that’s because it sounds so much like analog in many respects, without giving up the bass extension and control, clarity, fine detail resolution and retrieval, and convenience that can make digital so attractive. With outstanding sonics that can make you forget you’re listening to digital, and its remarkable flexibility and compatibility when playing discs from a player or a computer-audio setup, I suspect this is one universal player that you’ll be hanging on to for a long time."

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/modwright-oppo-bdp-105-with-truth-modifications/

Winner of the Absolute Sound 2015 Editor's Choice Award

There are many other reviews on the web.

I'm asking SOLD or best offer, plus shipping. The original MSRP for the player with the mods was $3,900. The Oppo and power supply will ship in two boxes. The player comes with its original box, manual, Wifi adapter and remote. Additionally, I'm including a pair of Sophia 6SN7 tubes, and a NOS Philips 5R4GYS rectifier tube.

I accept PayPal but the buyer is responsible for paying their fees. I also accept USPS money orders. I will only ship within the US. No trades.

I have great feedback on Ebay as Gelajoy (1100+ rating at 100%.)

« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2017, 09:32 pm by gelajoy »