The OTHER best $150 - $200 you spend on your kitchen

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure/dp/B00FLYWNYQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1505909452&sr=1-2&keywords=Instant+pot

And it's only $99.

My apologies if I've mentioned this before.

jriggy

Re: The OTHER best $150 - $200 you spend on your kitchen
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2017, 01:37 pm »
We Luv ours!
It does takes some getting used to, as a lot of the cook times on the internet are wrong. Even on seemingly good recipes from smart users. So adding 7mins or so time for meat seems to work well--depending. But the good thing on that is, if you under cook, just close it back up add time and finish.
They are great in a pinch with frozen meat, too.
We are pretty good home cooks that can do almost anything and they are versatile enough to find when they are most useful and better than yer ol' standard pressure cooker. But there are still times where that slow cooker can not be replaced.

Highly recommended for bachelors OR good knowledgeable home cooks.

cujobob

« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2017, 04:50 pm »
Have one, it's useful and works well.

I'd recommend this item, a Sous Vide attachment, and a good IH rice cooker as favorite kitchen gadgets.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2017, 05:07 pm »
Have one, it's useful and works well.

I'd recommend this item, a Sous Vide attachment, and a good IH rice cooker as favorite kitchen gadgets.

I really like the way the IP cooks rice, all varieties, but especially brown rice. And beans too.

Johnny2Bad

« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2017, 11:17 pm »
I have a similar unit to the Instant Pot, the Breville Fast Slow Pro [BPR700]. A great, versatile unit.
I DIY'ed a Souse Vide cooker with a Chinese eBay controller and a 6-quart Crock Pot oval Slow Cooker, along with a Vacuum Bagger would be under $200.00.
Another great combo is an Iwatani [Japan] Butane Cooker, your wok or a cast iron grill. Steaks to Stir-Fries and Butane doesn't leave a taste and is OK for indoor use (unlike Propane). Under $100 for the three combined, easy.