The NFL Season, 17-18

twitch54

Re: The NFL Season, 17-18
« Reply #100 on: 8 Nov 2017, 03:08 am »
well, after this weekend it's pretty clear who the best is at this point in the NFC. Carson Wentz has displayed incredible poise for a sophomore, the likes of which I haven't seen in some time. Last time the Eagles started this good they went to the big one, will this be the year for the Birds ?

oem-wheels

« Reply #101 on: 8 Nov 2017, 04:54 am »
and they're still not going....  RAMS baby !!!!!  whoa whoa !!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #102 on: 8 Nov 2017, 10:19 am »
J-E-T-S oh never mind.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #103 on: 8 Nov 2017, 05:34 pm »
well, after this weekend it's pretty clear who the best is at this point in the NFC. Carson Wentz has displayed incredible poise for a sophomore, the likes of which I haven't seen in some time. Last time the Eagles started this good they went to the big one, will this be the year for the Birds ?

Philly fans are so snake bit that no one mentions the "S" word.  O line is a big question mark, Big V is not a shadow of Jason Peters, always gets pushed back in power rushes and can't keep up with the speed rushers, one more injury at any position and they won't be able to protect Wentz.  The defensive backfield has held up so far despite injuries, the D line's ability to get there with only four helps a lot.  Wentz himself has taken a lot of hits, too many stands there and delivers in the face of the hit stuff.  Tough, courageous, smart, sturdy, accurate, all the attributes, but like any team, one injury away from the end of the season.  So it's "shhhh" to any talk about the big game in Philly.

twitch54

« Reply #104 on: 12 Nov 2017, 02:09 am »
Philly fans are so snake bit that no one mentions the "S" word.  O line is a big question mark, Big V is not a shadow of Jason Peters, always gets pushed back in power rushes and can't keep up with the speed rushers, one more injury at any position and they won't be able to protect Wentz.  The defensive backfield has held up so far despite injuries, the D line's ability to get there with only four helps a lot.  Wentz himself has taken a lot of hits, too many stands there and delivers in the face of the hit stuff.  Tough, courageous, smart, sturdy, accurate, all the attributes, but like any team, one injury away from the end of the season.  So it's "shhhh" to any talk about the big game in Philly.

LOL...........I'm from Buffalo kid, you don't know what snake bit is !!  Regardless, bring on those 'cowgirls' !

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #105 on: 12 Nov 2017, 02:26 am »
Speaking of Buffalo... 

Buffalo is the "like Team" for the NFC South. With wins against Atlanta and Tampa Bay, the Bills are 2-1, having lost to Carolina in week 2. With a potential tie-breaker at stake, this is an important game for the Saints.

Go Saints!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #106 on: 12 Nov 2017, 09:32 pm »
The Saints put 300 yards on the ground against the Bills, winning 47-10.

Hoping Daniel Lasco is okay... It's never good to see an ambulance on the field. Lastly, Bills' fans are first class folks.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #107 on: 13 Nov 2017, 01:19 am »
The Aints look really impressive this year.
Falcons did pretty well, too. 
The G-Men, well, just wait until next year!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #108 on: 19 Nov 2017, 09:46 pm »
HUGE come-from-behind win for the Saints today!!! 15 points in the last three minutes to force overtime, and an OT field goal to win it.

I haven't seen a QB run the two-minute offense like that since Joe Montana.  Drew Brees made a statement today.

Go Saints!!!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #109 on: 20 Nov 2017, 01:08 am »

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #110 on: 29 Nov 2017, 11:40 pm »
Eli Manning gets benched, I dunno. 
He looked pretty bad the few times I saw him this year but is that where the problem lies?

ohenry

« Reply #111 on: 29 Nov 2017, 11:54 pm »
HUGE come-from-behind win for the Saints today!!! 15 points in the last three minutes to force overtime, and an OT field goal to win it.

I haven't seen a QB run the two-minute offense like that since Joe Montana.  Drew Brees made a statement today.

Go Saints!!!

HUGE implosion by the deadskins.  It's easy to look like world beaters when you play a team that quits with 5 minutes to go.  :D

twitch54

« Reply #112 on: 30 Nov 2017, 01:39 am »
Eli Manning gets benched, I dunno. 
He looked pretty bad the few times I saw him this year but is that where the problem lies?

so many problems, where does one start ??

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #113 on: 30 Nov 2017, 04:55 pm »
Will they be revitalised with a new QB or give up even more without Eli at the helm?   When teams are in the race for the number one draft pick they tend to keep up the negative momentum.  The Giants are racing Cleveland and San Fran for the top pick, they're checking out what they have in the stable to determine whether they'll take a QB with their first pick.  It's a reasonable strategy for the future, but a dirty deal for a two time Super Bowl winner.  Same thing happened to four time winner Terry Bradshaw, but he threw out his arm.

richidoo

« Reply #114 on: 6 Dec 2017, 12:38 am »
Wife's company taking us to Panthers Vikings game this weekend. I've never been to a pro football game. Should be fun, especially if Panthers (Newton) don't suck as bad as last week (Congrats JerryM!) but against Vikings they probably will. Newton is frustratingly inconsistent.

Our main team is Pats, we're looking fwd to the big Steelers game. All our neighbors (in Raleigh) are Steelers fans.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #115 on: 6 Dec 2017, 02:31 am »
Hope your game is a good one.

My impression of seeing an NFL game in person is that it's really a made for TV sport.
You'll get to see what the players do during all of the commercials - they stand around and try to get their wind back.
Then again, I saw the Falcons/Vikings an awful long time ago and the score was 12 -3 or something horrible like that and the stands were mostly empty there in Atlanta.  Warren Moon was out with an injury so it was his back up playing which was disappointing.
The high point was where some rather portly fellow stood up, took off his shirt, danced around a little bit and then mooned the camera and it was on the aptly named Jumbotron. 
That was the only time the crowd perked up. 

Emil

« Reply #116 on: 10 Dec 2017, 02:58 pm »
Want free tickets to the Rams game ?

https://deadspin.com/fox-is-seeking-los-angeles-area-actors-who-can-pretend-1821152419

"If you live in Los Angeles and can convincingly portray a Los Angeles Rams fan, you’re in luck: FOX is looking for people with exactly your unique and rare skill set to pretend to be Rams fans during Sunday’s Rams home game. Set in a fictional world where anyone in Los Angeles gives a shit about the Rams or Chargers, your character will dress in highly stylized Rams “fan” attire, and lose a harrowing team spirit competition against an overwhelming horde of actual Eagles fans."

Can you really blame Californians for giving the finger to the Chargers, Rams and possibly the Raiders?
Only the Chargers, up until this year,  have shown some loyalty to their San Diego fan base.

charmerci

« Reply #117 on: 10 Dec 2017, 05:55 pm »

Can you really blame Californians for giving the finger to the Chargers, Rams and possibly the Raiders?
Only the Chargers, up until this year,  have shown some loyalty to their San Diego fan base.

California team owners are weird. Why are they moving to LA when more fans of the opposing team show up at the games? Even the TV ratings are lower than in other cities!  :scratch:

twitch54

« Reply #118 on: 10 Dec 2017, 07:42 pm »
ahhhhhh California , the land of 'fruits and nuts' !

stlrman

« Reply #119 on: 11 Dec 2017, 12:31 am »
Sick Eagles -Rams game !!! :thumb: