All-Purpose Boxing Events Thread

dB Cooper

All-Purpose Boxing Events Thread
« on: 5 Sep 2017, 01:08 am »
My idea in starting this thread is to create something along the lines of the "What are you listening to" threads- not to create a thread about one event that goes away when the fight's done, but one that we can revive when new events come along, and new or old members can revisit if they like to see what was said about some big event, how opinions change etc, kind of a boxing timeline.

The first candidate for this treatment would seem to be Golovkin-Alvarez. This fight promises to be everything the Mayweather-McGregor freak show fight wasn't: action-packed, competitive, well-fought, and exciting. To me this one all comes down to range- GGG likes an outside fight and Canelo likes to bang away at close range and so far nobody has been able to force GGG into a phone booth. I see it as almost a pick-'em fight with a slight edge for the naturally bigger GGG. Will GGG's size or Canelo's yout be the bigger factor?

I think people could be talking about this fight for a long time, depending on how it goes, but it could go three and provide more excitement then you-know-what, which most fans have already largely forgotten.

Wondering what people think!

dB Cooper

Re: All-Purpose Boxing Events Thread
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2017, 01:48 am »
Nobody cares about GGG-Canelo which will be 10x better than the Floyd/Conor show.