ANT Inaugural Meet - June 24, 2017

DSkip

• Industry Participant
ANT Inaugural Meet - June 24, 2017
« on: 8 Jun 2017, 02:25 pm »
The inaugural meet of the Audiophiles of North Texas is on the books!  Paul of North Richland Hills, TX will be hosting the event from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM on Saturday, June 24, 2017. 

Paul has two systems - a two channel room upstairs and a home theater rig downstairs.  AudioThesis is also planning on bringing a secondary 2 channel system to set up for more variety.

If you wish to attend, please email me at audiophilesofnorthtexas@gmail.com so I can organize a mailing list for those who wish to attend (including event address).

Please provide your name, any gear you might wish to bring, and any additional information you wish to share.

I hope to see you all two weeks!

***Please feel free to comment about the meet here.  The email is strictly to provide a single point for me to organize the event.

Skip

DSkip

• Industry Participant
Re: ANT Inaugural Meet - June 24, 2017
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2017, 03:44 am »
Bump.  We are beginning to approach double digits with a few weeks to go.  If you are interested, please let me know ASAP so I can make appropriate plans.

DSkip

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2017, 02:21 pm »
Another bump.  We have a few more attendees and seem to have a full meet on our hands.  If you are interested and have not contacted me yet, please see the original post for information.

DSkip

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2017, 01:18 pm »
Bump.  If you are interested, please follow the instructions above.  His gear will consist of:

2 Channel downstairs:
Gr-Research X-Statik modified with Skiing Ninja Elite crossovers
Cary Audio SI-300.2d DAC/Preamp/Amp
Laptop/JRiver 8TB NAS
Panasonic Elite CD/SACD Player

2-Channel upstairs:
Hsu CCB-8 Bookshelf
2 Direct Servo Subs
1 Sandbox Sub built by Danny Richie (4 drivers, 2 active/2 passive)
AVA – Audio by Van Alstine hybrid amp
Schiit Freya Tube Pre-amp
SonyXA5400S Player
Lampizator Amber Level 4 tube DAC
I5/SSD Computer  JRiver
2 Turntables/MC, MM, Rogue and ifi phono preamps 
Uberbuss

Combo 2/5 channel den/office system
Vizio P55 4K/HDR
Samsung 4K/HDR
Emo MC700/UPA700 – 4k/HDR
Hsu Research sub/HB-1 mk2 bookshelf
Nuprime DAC10/ST-10
MacMini

DSkip

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2017, 07:45 am »
So, I am late to post on this but I've been quite busy since Saturday.  I would like to thank Paul for hosting us and having multiple setups available to play around with.  We had four different zones with five different systems going in a beautiful home and perfect location.  I would also like to thank all the guys for coming out and making this an event.

I probably spent the most time with the Xstatic setup being pushed by a Cary Audio SI-300.2d Integrated amplifier.  This was a temporary setup and we did do a little cable shootout.  This system had a good amount of ambiance with it that was quite pleasing.

Unfortunately, that was about the only system I was able to really sit down and get to know better.  I would love to get to hear his main music system consisting of HSU CCB-8 speakers and other goodies pushing it.  He had some very nice gear in that room but I spent all my time downstairs to be the greeter at this one.

All in all, it was a great meet with some very interesting conversation and a great mixture of approaches to sound.  It was interesting to have a dozen or so guys in one place and not have any one method adopted by the majority.  I look forward to our next one in August... more on that later.