Norh marble speaker stand

volskywalker

Norh marble speaker stand
« on: 9 Sep 2016, 10:35 pm »
Hello Norh user,

I have a pair of black Marble7.  It sound pretty good, but I have been having trouble finding a compatible stand for it.  i have tried many things, but the marble weird weigh distribution on stand seems like an accident waiting to happen. 

I live in bay area, California, with American cherry wood floor.  I don't want to have these marble fall and make hole in the beautiful wood floor.  Therefore, I keep taking it out of the box, put it up for a few weeks, and pack it back up again.   

I am would like to know what do you guys use as speaker stand for your marble.

Thanks

volskywalker

Re: Norh marble speaker stand
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2016, 06:26 pm »

I saw this from a member post.  It is an accident waiting to happen even for adults in the house.

In any case, my new ambitious plan is to buy 2 seal subs, place the norh on top of them.  The subs would have enough weigh to make things staple.  Then I will get a minidsp to do active crossover.  Just need to find some free time.

srb

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2016, 06:38 pm »
Whether using stands or subs as stands, I would make a wooden top plate and either drill partial flat bottom holes or even better make round depressions with a rotary ball rasp to contain those slippery little metal ball feet.

Steve

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2016, 01:57 am »
The nice thing about the marble speakers is you can set them on about anything and not get vibrations. The bad thing is they can weigh 80lbs which means you need very stable stands. The marble speakers were designed so you could use end tables in the living room as a stand if you want.