Road To Perdition on sale

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 28 Feb 2003, 02:22 am »
Just saw this at BB for $15.  Has anyone seen it yet, and if so is it any good?  It got good reviews, but I don't know anyone that's actually seen it.

Woodsea

« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2003, 02:27 am »
for $5 more you can get American Beauty, just buy both @ Bestbuy for $20 :!:

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2003, 02:28 am »
I'd been told that it was very slow and not worth bothering with. It seems like it's one of those movies critics love. But no normal people find entertaining.

I'm guessing you'd want to pass on buying and borrow it from someone if you feel the need to watch it.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2003, 02:34 am »
I disagree, there.  American Beauty is brilliant, mostly smart & funny at times.  It's one of the few 'critic's darlings' that I actually like.  Spacey is, as usual, brilliant.  And Annette Benning's part was great.

Unfortunately, I have it already, which blows the two-pack deal.

bubba966

« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2003, 02:41 am »
I was talking about Perdition, not Beauty. But Eric got his reply in just before I did...

Beauty was great. Would love to have the LD of Beauty. But it's a Japan only release, and a rare one at that.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2003, 03:42 am »
Oh, my bad... :oops:

I'll admit to not being a big fan of Hanks or Newman.  I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, since part of it is just being tired of him; however, he's just so deadpan all the time.  I never cared for Newman, dont know why.

rosconey

« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2003, 11:27 am »
i watched perdition the other day, slow as molasis.
its not a second watch movie.
hanks was very good