Anyone using Amazon's Echo?

sebrof

Re: Anyone using Amazon's Echo?
« Reply #40 on: 24 Dec 2016, 02:30 am »
Thanks Steve.
sebrof that was my follow up question. I guess the follow up to the follow up is do you have any sense as to whether or not the Bose sounds worse when the source input is the Echo?
Not really. The only things I have had hooked up to the Bose are an iPod Classic, LG phone and the Dot. All sounded the same to me, but to be honest the Bose actually sounds not so great anyway. I just listen in the background while I work.
After the Holidays I plan to hook the Dot to my stereo to see how it compares to my CD player. That will tell me how good the Dot's output sounds.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #41 on: 28 Dec 2016, 09:46 pm »
Over the last week we installed more Caseta light switches and also integrated the Echo/Dot with my Harmony remote.  With that integration, I can now somewhat control our tv, Xbox, satellite, etc...

So I have now created some cool Marcos or scenes.  I turn on lights, tv/music with the simple phrase "welcome home".  I turn off everything at bedtime with the phrase "bedtime".

A few minutes ago, I heard the boys get up for school and they love having Alexa handle the things above, plus tell them the weather.

We are all really enjoying this tech!

George

Did you have to purchase something to make the Dot work with your Harmony remote ?

sebrof

« Reply #42 on: 31 Dec 2016, 02:07 pm »
Thanks Steve.
sebrof that was my follow up question. I guess the follow up to the follow up is do you have any sense as to whether or not the Bose sounds worse when the source input is the Echo?
I have my Dot hooked to my main rig right now. I played 1 song on the Dot and then the same song on my Rega Apollo CD Player. The Rega sounds a lot better, but the Dot doesn't sound bad. Everything is relative - One man's "not bad" is another man's unlistenable.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #43 on: 31 Dec 2016, 02:49 pm »
Did you have to purchase something to make the Dot work with your Harmony remote ?

Not sure which remotes will integrate - it's probably listed somewhere.

George

Philistine

« Reply #44 on: 31 May 2017, 09:54 pm »
Amazon Alexa now integrates with iCalendar, effective today.
I've been waiting for this for sometime, it works!