ZenWave Audio at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2015

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
ZenWave Audio at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2015
« on: 25 Sep 2015, 11:13 pm »
ZenWave Audio cables and SurgeX will be used with dc10 audio / Natural Sound USA in room 586 and in one of the large ball rooms at the Hyatt next door. Room 586 will feature the Berlin R speakers, the Hilton is featuring the debut of the dc10 Gottenburg Odin speakers (!!!) and Audio Techne's new monoblock amplifiers. The Gottenburg Odin are dc10's new flagship speakers and will be amazing. If you haven't heard a 31" woofer here's your chance!

Please stop by and say hi!  :D

http://www.dc10audio.com/

http://www.naturalsoundusa.com/
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2015, 02:00 am by DaveC113 »

rajacat

• Washington State
Re: ZenWave Audio at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2015
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2015, 11:46 pm »
Yikes!! :o Those GOTTENBURG ODINS look incredible, almost over the top. I'm sure their price is equally astounding.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2015, 11:57 pm »
You got that right! Just saw this YouTube video of the Gottenburgs...like giant refrigerators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnzaKvMF2o4

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2015, 12:05 am »
Haha, yeah... and 500+ lbs each. I can't wait to hear them!  :green:

dc10 aren't conventional speakers by any means but they sound great.

BTW, that's a 31" Fostex woofer behind the horn.

Early B.

« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2015, 01:09 am »
Aw, man -- that's exciting. I've always wanted to hear a pair of dc10audio Berlin R's.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2015, 01:42 am »
Aw, man -- that's exciting. I've always wanted to hear a pair of dc10audio Berlin R's.

They're really nice, and sanely priced compared to G. Odin.  :lol:  His turned wood horns are works of art, there's no coloration from them either. They are very dynamic, clear, detailed and fun to listen to. I think there a single cap for the highpass to the tweeter and the midwoofer runs full range.

The G. Odin also has an alnico-motored tweeter up top between the brass creatures...

It is interesting, the designer does some things 180 degrees opposite from standard operating procedure and gets it to work out beautifully. When I first heard them I had expectation bias for them to sound awful, then ended up reporting them to among the best few rooms at RMAF that year.

standub

« Reply #6 on: 27 Sep 2015, 02:56 pm »
Those speakers......

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 27 Sep 2015, 04:42 pm »
Lol, awesome pic... hopefully a Mr Fusion will be powering the system.   :lol:

I'll also have a SurgeX for Vapor/Lampi. Power conditioning is a huge deal at RMAF because the power is so polluted. I think this room has best-sound-of-show potential, can't want to hear it!

And one of my friends is bringing me a pair of Pioneer S-1EX speakers, this is the closest I'm likely to get to owning TAD speakers in the near future.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2015, 04:47 pm »
That's funny....I was thinking Doc and Marty still had the biggest speaker.  :D

monte

« Reply #9 on: 29 Sep 2015, 08:30 pm »
You have some real good company in the vapor room. Wish I could be there.That room should flat out rock.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #10 on: 6 Oct 2015, 03:58 pm »
This was a good RMAF for ZenWave, with gear in 2 very successful rooms. dc10 audio / Natural Sound USA used my SurgeX and full cable loom, while Vapor et al used my SurgeX. Unfortunately, the dc10 Gottenburg's horn got ruined during a finishing process and did not make it to the show...

Here's some pics and comment of the dc10 and Vapor rooms from my RMAF report:

dc10 audio / Audio Tekne / ZenWave Audio... of course I'm biased but I thought this room was one of the best in show. The size of the speakers was perfect for the room, no bass issues at all, but the room was a little on the live side. Some absorption was added via GIK art panels on Saturday, this did help. The dc10 Berlin R speakers are really good. The bass is amazing, it's cohesive, detailed, controlled and very realistic sounding. They were driven by Audio Tekne's new Yamoto monoblocks which use either 845 or 211 tubes in PP configuration.  We got a lot of great feedback, it was fun!  :green:

Vapor's Perfect Storm speakers, Resolution treatments, Lampi DAC/amps, Verastarr cables and ZenWave SurgeX... this came together to be another contender for best in show. The lack of distortion and perfect driver integration of the Perfect Strorm speakers was just awesome. They rank up there with anybody in terms of clarity and resolution, and there's no harshness. The Accuton drivers have been beaten into submission and don't exhibit any downsides, just smooth music with amazing resolution. The room treatments allowed the PS to be demo'd in close to ideal conditions and resulted in a great demo where you could really hear the system's potential. No excuses need be made. Vapor has always been good and an amazing value but honestly not quite up there with the best of the best, but now they are. When looking at the competition, the PS pricetag seems totally reasonable and the only issue they may run into is they are too cheap so people may assume other speakers in the 6-figure range are better, but it's not likely. The PS are among the best speakers in the world, no doubt... great job!

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #11 on: 6 Oct 2015, 06:18 pm »
This was my first time getting to hear dc10 speakers and I was pleasantly surprised. I usually find wave guide type speakers not to my liking but these were throwing a pretty big stage and had great detail without sounding superficial. David from dc10 was a cool guy and I'm glad Dave from ZenWave had the opportunity to showcase his cables with them.

It was great to finally have met you Dave after all these months of acquiring your excellent cables and being totally satisfied with a whole loom. In case some of you guys don't know Dave Cahoon is one of the good guys in this crazy industry and in my opinion represents what's great about it. If your looking or thinking of trying different cables for your system give Dave a chance and let him show you how good of a deal his cables really are.

If your going to support anybody here in this hobby I think people like Dave deserve the support and I'll be the first to tell you his products are stellar and worthy of some praise!

Look forward to next year and hopefully seeing and hearing your own room Dave!

-Tom

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: 7 Oct 2015, 12:07 am »
Yes, the dc10 room was stellar.  I could have played my whole demo CD.  Oh that's right, I practically did play 95% of it.   :thumb:

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #13 on: 7 Oct 2015, 12:35 am »
Thanks guys, much appreciated.  :thumb:

Odal3

« Reply #14 on: 7 Oct 2015, 04:17 am »
Dave - Congratulations on a great show!