Naming your instrument

dflee

Naming your instrument
« on: 20 Jul 2015, 01:22 am »
Been trying to think of a good name for my "74" D35. Named my "1918" Gibson model A
Orabell. This is my grandmother's name and like her, has some age on her, was small in stature
and quiet, but when she spoke everyone listened.
Anybody else named their instruments? If so what and why?

Don

dburna

Re: Naming your instrument
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2015, 02:05 am »
RE: "1918" Gibson model A

You can stop collecting right there.  Wow -- just wow.  I imagine this must sound fabulous.

I have a SJ Tippin made for a not-quite-famous professional fingerpicker.  I think I should name it after him.

-dB
 :D
P.S. Would you consider trading the Gibson for Simonize work on your cars......for life?    :lol:

P.P.S. I had an 80's D35 at one point.  Perhaps you should name it 'Boomer'...... or 'Banjo Killer'.   :D

dburna

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2015, 02:05 am »
RE: "1918" Gibson model A

You can stop collecting right there.  Wow -- just wow.  I imagine this must sound fabulous.

I have an SJ Tippin made for a not-quite-famous professional fingerpicker.  I think I should name it after him.

-dB
 :D
P.S. Would you consider trading the Gibson for Simonize work on your cars......for life?    :lol:

P.P.S. I had an 80's D35 at one point.  Perhaps you should name it 'Boomer'...... or 'Banjo Killer'.   :D

HPDJ

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2015, 04:38 am »
I wanted to go against the convention of naming my guitars so I've never tried to find some unique name for them. I think it's fun when other folks name their guitars though. This is how I refer to my guitars:

The Gretsch
The Vintage
The Tele
The Ibanez
The Schecter 
The Gibson

Boring maybe, but I like it this way for me :)

Orabel is a killer name for a guitar though, dflee! I'm sure someone will come up with something good for your D35 :)