Thinking outside the BLACK BOX

sashua

• http://www.alloysinternational.com
Thinking outside the BLACK BOX
« on: 1 Jul 2013, 11:11 pm »
So I am finally bored with the black boxes. I have a slew of black boxes everywhere and my wife feels (and I am starting to agree) that all our living spaces seem to be cluttered with rectangular black shapes.

I have set out on a quest to create something special and elegant and unique in form. This will be a stereo setup only.

I have just created a set of triangular glass and metal platforms that glow with a soft blue cast. They are sexy as Hell and are begging to be filled with equally sexy gear.

The challenge:
 List some amps and preamps for me that are circular, triangular or will otherwise fit onto a triangular shelf with 22" sides. Be as creative as you want. Tubes or SS, low wattage triodes or Class D Digital...as long as it is high end gear and not junk. I only need about 20 Watts for my speakers to sing but extra won't go to waste in my experience with them. The speakers being driven are Lansche 4.1 (with the plasma drivers).

Price is not really a consideration in this case. I need both an amp (stereo or mono pair) and a preamp.

Links or pics would be super .
 Thanks everyone!

-Russ

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Thinking outside the BLACK BOX
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2013, 01:25 am »
First off, welcome to AudioCircle Russ.

Secondly, I like the part where you say that price isn't a consideration. That's always a great way to get the conversational ball rolling.

Lastly, and with all due respect, you should find the most suitable area to ask your question, post it, and let it rest for a while. Let the members come to you.
Posting the same question in multiple areas is not good forum "manor", and will eventually get you blasted.

Good luck on your endeavors of sexy non-black rectangles Sir. 

Bob

WireNut

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jul 2013, 02:35 am »

Lastly, and with all due respect, you should find the most suitable area to ask your question, post it, and let it rest for a while. Let the members come to you.
Posting the same question in multiple areas is not good forum "manor", and will eventually get you blasted.

Bob

:nono:   :rules:

sashua

• http://www.alloysinternational.com
« Reply #3 on: 2 Jul 2013, 03:03 pm »
Well, so far in two circles I have been chastised for multiple postings so I suppose I have learned at least one thing here.
I would have preferred it to have been something a little more on point - but I will heed the warning in any case.

roadkingraw

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jul 2013, 03:13 pm »
You may want to look at an old Thor amp and pre-amp.  Both are very unique in that they are round.  As well, unique in that they sound very very good.  Tubes surounded by the electronics.  Sexy as hell.
Randy