Speakers for Leben CS300xs

plakey

Speakers for Leben CS300xs
« on: 1 Aug 2012, 05:56 pm »
Any owners of the Leben CS300xs care to share which speakers they are using? I'm curious how to get some room-filling sound from these. I've heard they mate well with DeVores, and Harbeths, but I'm wondering as well about Zus. Thanks. I'm considering buying one used and want to know what speakers I should think about.

coverto

Re: Speakers for Leben CS300xs
« Reply #1 on: 2 Aug 2012, 02:56 am »
The CS300 sounds fantastic paired with Tonian TL-D1s. As is likely with the Zus, their superior efficiency will give you more oomph, a more open presentation with better dynamics that, in many respects, better mimics a live performance than the Devores or Harbeths. The TL-D1s are my clear favorite, especially good for jazz, although the Devores and Harbeths will give you a harmonically richer sound that is quite pleasant.  Tekton Lores OK and cheaper, but not as good as the others mentioned above IME, although I can't comment on the Zus which I have not heard.

plakey

« Reply #2 on: 3 Aug 2012, 05:44 pm »
Thank you for this suggestion. I've seen the Tonian discussed but I've never heard them. I listen to a primarily rock and jazz, some electronica as well.

ncblue

« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2012, 05:52 pm »
Zu Soul Superflys would be a great match

plakey

« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2012, 06:18 pm »
Sean told me that 16 OHM taps really work best with the SS. the Leben 600 has them, the 300 don't... how big of a difference might it make?

nd4speed

« Reply #5 on: 4 Dec 2012, 10:59 pm »
I've run these with 91db/w/m Paradigm Studio 100 v.3s with great success. Surprisingly, absolutely no shortage of volume, bass impact or control. I ended up going SET and found that if you pair this with speakers too sensitive you end up with a bit of hum.

I think the sweet spot for this amp would be a speaker between 91-94db/w/m. Tonian, Coincident, Devore, WLM, Tekton, and others in this range would probably be good places to look.