Dipole tweeter

Mr Content

Dipole tweeter
« on: 23 Sep 2009, 10:08 am »
Any body have a link for a dipole tweeter? I would like to play with one with my B200, but I only want to use dipole. Anyone :thumb:

Thanks

Mr C :D

JohnR

Re: Dipole tweeter
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2009, 10:18 am »
What about the Neo3?

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2009, 11:00 am »
Linaeum? I had a pair of the Radio Shack versions 10 years ago or so, the tweeter was the best part.

Rudolf

« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2009, 01:18 pm »
Two Dayton ND20FA-6 mounted back-to-back.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=275-030

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2009, 10:32 pm »
Any body have a link for a dipole tweeter? I would like to play with one with my B200, but I only want to use dipole. Anyone :thumb:
Thanks
There is the Mark Audio Alpair 5, aluminium cone, go 125Hz to 30K Hz on the Freq. chart.  http://www.markaudio.com/alpair/5/gold

Mr Content

« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2009, 06:03 am »
What about the Neo3?

Thanks John, I have been eyeing that off for a while, 90db is a bit low, but its worth playing with at that cost. There seems to be not much available.

Mr Content

« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2009, 06:05 am »
Thanks
There is the Mark Audio Alpair 5, aluminium cone, go 125Hz to 30K Hz on the Freq. chart.  http://www.markaudio.com/alpair/5/gold

Thanks, 84db is way to low to mate with the B200 though :thumb:

Mr C :)

Telstar

« Reply #7 on: 25 Sep 2009, 02:41 pm »
Mundorf AMT (if you can afford them)

Mr Content

« Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2009, 06:07 am »

Thanks Telstar, they look interesting for sure, still looking for something a bit closer in sensitivity.......not sure if there is anything closer though. Sure not much in that way at all. Maybe an old cone tweeter?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #9 on: 27 Sep 2009, 07:21 am »
Thanks Telstar, they look interesting for sure, still looking for something a bit closer in sensitivity.......not sure if there is anything closer though. Sure not much in that way at all. Maybe an old cone tweeter?
Maybe you will like a SABA paper cone. I do not know the dB level throug.
Kinds

Mr Content

« Reply #10 on: 27 Sep 2009, 08:00 am »
Thanks, I have just bought some 65mm paper cone tweeters that go out to 16000hz. Should have them by the end of next week, will report what I find :thumb:

Telstar

« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2009, 09:16 pm »

There are at 90. 95 and 100dB. IIRC the B200 is 93? The 2310 is 95dB, with a cap and a resistor, you are done.

Rudolf

« Reply #12 on: 28 Sep 2009, 08:22 am »
Something to consider:
It's not the textbook efficiency which counts, but the lowest efficiency in the planned passband of a driver. If you want to run the B200 below 500 Hz (which I assume), efficiency will be around 88 dB/1W/1m:

This is true even with the support of a woofer below 250 Hz as the NoBox dipole shows:

I don't think that Mr Content wants to duplicate the rising response of the NoBox. It can be tolerated for a forward only driver, but certainly not for a tweeter radiating in both directions.

In the end a dipole tweeter of 90 dB efficiency will suffice completely. Everything more efficient will have to be limited for sure.

Rudolf

pixelpusher

« Reply #13 on: 3 Oct 2009, 12:43 am »
When you remove the back cup on the Neo3pdr there's a response peak around 10k that needs damping.  This results in a loss of 4 or 5 db in sensitivity.  I used it in my dipole system with a PHL1120 rated at 96db or so.  Had to pad down the 1120 quite a bit but it still sounds wonderful.  Lately I've been lusting for the Beyma TPL-150, a 99db AMT. $$$$$