RMAF discussion

BradJudy

RMAF discussion
« on: 27 Sep 2005, 03:11 am »
The RMAF is only a few days away and the exhibitors are pushing to get ready.  If you are attending, what are you looking forward to most?  If you won't be attending, what would you like to hear/see about for those of us who will be there?

For me, the Salk HT3, GR Research open-back-array, Onix Strata Mini and Odyssey Loreleis are high on my list of things to check out (of course, that's a very AC-centric list).  I'm also looking forward to finally hearing some Avantgarde speakers, Zu Druids, and I hope mbl brings some 101s.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: RMAF discussion
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2005, 03:24 am »
Quote from: BradJudy
The RMAF is only a few days away and the exhibitors are pushing to get ready.  If you are attending, what are you looking forward to most?  If you won't be attending, what would you like to hear/see about for those of us who will be there?

For me, the Salk HT3, GR Research open-back-array, Onix Strata Mini and Odyssey Loreleis are high on my list of things to check out (of course, that's a very AC-centric list).  I'm also looking forward to finally hearing some Avantgarde speakers, Zu Druids, and I hope mbl brings some 101s.

Great list.

I will also visit the following:

Red Wine Audio/Omega (Vinnie is a great guy)
Reality Cables room (can't remember who Gregg is with)
Modwright (Dan always has a good room)
High Water Sound (great lower power gear and Jeff is great to talk to)
Odyssey (it isn't a show without a visit to Klaus)
Daedelus Audio (Lou builds a great speaker and plays a mean guitar)
SP Technology (was awesome last year!)

George

mgalusha

RMAF discussion
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2005, 03:51 am »
Both great lists that cover a lot of what I want to hear. Of course I'm interested in some of the ultra expensive stuff but I am drawn to hear what our AC vendors have to offer.

As George said, ya have to visit Klaus. I had dinner with him last year and that's always interesting. :)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: RMAF discussion
« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2005, 06:27 am »
Quote from: BradJudy
 If you are attending, what are you looking forward to most?  
Looking forward to the Buckhorn Exchange, Pints Pub, Pete's Kitchen, Jax's Fish House, Brooks Smokehouse BBQ, and the Great Divide Lounge..... :thankyou: ....a guy's gotta eat. :lol:
    Really, all of the companies mentioned already, especially all the companies here on AC that will be attending the show. You can't hear them in NYC.[/list:u]
      George, when your in the High Water Sound room, say hello to Tito (NYAR)...he'll be helping Jeff there. And I know Larry and Mark are going...helping in a room that I forgot :scratch: . And Neil, from L.I. ...in the Reimer Speaker's room. :) [/list:u]
        Should be alot of fun....got my cd cases packed. :dance: [/list:u]
          See you there :beer: ........Chris[/list:u]

gary

RMAF discussion
« Reply #4 on: 27 Sep 2005, 12:58 pm »
If anyone is going to the show and plans to visit the av123 room and the Bastanis/Bauls Audio room please please please PM me. I have Bastanis Prometheus speakers, but I have no place to put them in my house right now. It turns out that I was early on the wait list for av123's new Strata Mini speakers, and I can get them if I choose to. The Stratas are much smaller, and I wouldn't have a problem putting them in my livingroom. The problem is, the Prometheus are killer speakers and I want to know the Stratas will hold their own yet I have no way of hearing them before buying. So, if anyone hears both of these speakers at the show I would be eternally grateful to get their thoughts on how they compare.

Gary

BradJudy

RMAF discussion
« Reply #5 on: 27 Sep 2005, 01:14 pm »
Gary,  I'll definitely be stopping by the AV123 room - they are friends and I am also on the Strata Mini waitlist.  This will be my first chance to hear them (they were only on static display at the GTG in August), so I'll be spinning a few tunes.  

Mike,  While I also enjoy listening to the mega-bucks setups, I was kind of disappointed in many of them last year.  Quite a few didn't seem significantly better than much less expensive setups (although some were quite good).  I'm looking forward to meeting Klaus - he sounds like quite the character.  :)