Sonore Orbiter Purchase

gocubs42

Sonore Orbiter Purchase
« on: 18 Aug 2013, 01:57 pm »
I received the Sonore Sonic Orbiter this past Thursday. The Orbiter is dead simple to hook up. USB to the DAC and an Either Net connected to the network. Give LMS a few minutes for discovery of Squeezelite within the Orbiter and your ready to go.  You need to give the Orbiter some time to warm up. I really started to appreciate the Orbiters performance after about four hours. I moved through various sample rates, and formats with no absolutely no issues. This is just a pleasure. I don't hold my breath waiting to see if a particular song at a particular sample rate is going to play. The Orbiter just WORKS!! Okay sound quality, this is something to behold. I'm not the best in describing SQ but I will tell you my system sounds wonderful with the Orbiter. Very open and detailed are words I will use to describe the performance. I have the Orbiter connected to a PWD DAC. I consider the DAC the one of the best out there, so this is a great match with the Orbiter. I do have a Touch that has Triode's plugin for playing rates up to 192. The Orbiter just absolutely outperforms the Touch in every way. That's not really hard to fathom based on how the Orbiter is built. I'm a big fan of the Touch and loved using it over the years. However the Orbiter is just in another class by itself in performance and SQ. The best way to describe what's happening on my system right now is something I'm sure you have experienced. You upgrade you DAC or add the best latest component you can afford and start to play your music. While listen you catch yourself saying,"gee I never heard that instrument sound so amazing before." That is what I'm experiencing now.

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
Re: Sonore Orbiter Purchase
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2013, 06:49 pm »
I received the Sonore Sonic Orbiter this past Thursday. The Orbiter is dead simple to hook up. USB to the DAC and an Either Net connected to the network. Give LMS a few minutes for discovery of Squeezelite within the Orbiter and your ready to go.  You need to give the Orbiter some time to warm up. I really started to appreciate the Orbiters performance after about four hours. I moved through various sample rates, and formats with no absolutely no issues. This is just a pleasure. I don't hold my breath waiting to see if a particular song at a particular sample rate is going to play. The Orbiter just WORKS!! Okay sound quality, this is something to behold. I'm not the best in describing SQ but I will tell you my system sounds wonderful with the Orbiter. Very open and detailed are words I will use to describe the performance. I have the Orbiter connected to a PWD DAC. I consider the DAC the one of the best out there, so this is a great match with the Orbiter. I do have a Touch that has Triode's plugin for playing rates up to 192. The Orbiter just absolutely outperforms the Touch in every way. That's not really hard to fathom based on how the Orbiter is built. I'm a big fan of the Touch and loved using it over the years. However the Orbiter is just in another class by itself in performance and SQ. The best way to describe what's happening on my system right now is something I'm sure you have experienced. You upgrade you DAC or add the best latest component you can afford and start to play your music. While listen you catch yourself saying,"gee I never heard that instrument sound so amazing before." That is what I'm experiencing now.

gocubs42, thanks for posting about your new Sonore Sonic Orbiter! Email me so I can share a tweak with you that should give you another boost in sound quality...

Jesus R

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2013, 06:55 pm »
Email me so I can share a tweak with you that should give you another boost in sound quality...

Jesus R

Can't you share the tweak here?  :scratch:

InfernoSTi

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2013, 06:08 pm »
While listen you catch yourself saying,"gee I never heard that instrument sound so amazing before." That is what I'm experiencing now.

Congratulations!  That is exactly what we are all looking for.

Best,
John

shahed

« Reply #4 on: 4 Sep 2013, 04:41 am »
Thanks for sharing. I'm wondering how much better Orbiter would be compare to SB Touch Triode plugin USB audio out with a linear supply? Would I see a substantial gain in sound quality?

Can anyone comment on the sound quality ( not features but purely on red book performance) of Orbitter vs full blown Sonore music sever?

gocubs42

« Reply #5 on: 4 Sep 2013, 11:30 am »
Prior to the purchase of the Orbiter, I used a Touch with Triode's plugin. The power supply was the standard supply provided with the Touch. The power supply was plugged into a P5 PS Audio power conditioner. My Orbiter is now plugged into the P5. And I must say the Orbiter just outperforms the Touch in SQ. I'm very happy with my setup an all in one box, no second guessing on what power supplies to use, it just works!!