Carnegie Acoustics speakers now available...

Danny Richie

Carnegie Acoustics speakers now available...
« on: 20 Aug 2015, 08:12 pm »
The Carnegie Acoustics Classic Series speakers are now available for order online.

http://gr-research.com/completedspeakers.aspx

These are still priced at blow out prices.

Ric Schultz

Re: Carnegie Acoustics speakers now available...
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2015, 05:06 pm »
Are these sold as pairs or singles?  There is no way to tell from the webpage.

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2015, 06:33 pm »
Are these sold as pairs or singles?  There is no way to tell from the webpage.

See the bottom of each page.

Both the Pedistale and Davanti models are priced per pair. The Centrare center channel is priced as singles.

Ric Schultz

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2015, 07:48 pm »
Oh yes, I see it now....I was looking at the pricing below that.  Really a great buy!  I really like that you could buy two of the centers and use them as the fronts then have another for the center.

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2015, 07:59 pm »
These prices are great. And these speakers sound great. Whoever jumps on these deals will be extremely happy.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2015, 08:31 pm »
Just sent a HAL customer a link to the speakers.  He is looking for new ones.

Hope it works out!

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 8 Sep 2015, 08:12 pm »
There is still a lot of these in stock.

reillyzing

« Reply #7 on: 23 Apr 2016, 03:57 am »
Where can reviews be found? Are they likely to be better than the Elac UB5?

Wind Chaser

« Reply #8 on: 23 Apr 2016, 04:24 am »
Where can reviews be found? Are they likely to be better than the Elac UB5?

Okay, I haven't heard the Elac UB5, but I'm quite confident they're not gonna hold a candle to the CST-1, neither in sound quality, build quality or appearance. Granted the CST-1 are about twice the price of the B5, but isn't the UB5 supposed to sound at least as good as other speakers that sell for twice the price? :lol:

Captainhemo

« Reply #9 on: 23 Apr 2016, 05:18 am »
All true but remember,  if the CST1's  sound as close to the N3Tl's as I've heard they do, you;re talking about a speaker that probably reaches at at least  3 x  it's price point or more than  6x the price of the B5 !
I've said this numnerous times in the past,  every time I hear the N3Tl's over at my folk's ploace, they bring a big smile to my face. They were my first GR build and I'm still impressed by them every time  I hear them, the CST-1's have good roots    :thumb:

jay
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2016, 06:40 am by Captainhemo »

Danny Richie

« Reply #10 on: 23 Apr 2016, 12:54 pm »
The CST-1's are based on the N-3's. They are transmission line loaded and they use the BG Neo 3 pdr. Cabinets are heavy and well braced MDF finished in piano black. They use high quality components and even have Gen.2 Sonicaps in the tweeter circuit. At a $2,000 a pair retail, they were to target speakers in a much higher price bracket. And now we have them for less than half of that.  :thumb:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #11 on: 23 Apr 2016, 09:13 pm »
The CST-1's.... At a $2,000 a pair retail, they were to target speakers in a much higher price bracket. And now we have them for less than half of that.  :thumb:

Sure glad I took a chance on these. Everyone that has seen them has commented on how visually appealing these are. Then after they hear them they can't believe how little I paid.  :green:

Captainhemo

« Reply #12 on: 24 Apr 2016, 01:42 am »
Sure glad I took a chance on these. Everyone that has seen them has commented on how visually appealing these are. Then after they hear them they can't believe how little I paid.  :green:

and there's quite a bit more potential there..... upgrade the netowrks with Sonicaps throughtout, even throw  some  Platinum bypass caps around the caps in the high pass filter, some no-rz....    do the Carnagie's use  tube connectors ? 
Not saying  you   need to do it right away or ever for that matter, but at least  you know there is more there if you  want it,  always a good thing    :thumb:

jay
« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2016, 02:54 am by Captainhemo »

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 24 Apr 2016, 03:02 am »
do the Carnagie's use  tube connectors ? 

They come with them from the factory.

Captainhemo

« Reply #14 on: 24 Apr 2016, 03:35 am »
They come with them from the factory.

Awsome  :thumb:

reillyzing

« Reply #15 on: 27 Apr 2016, 12:22 am »
Are there specific genres they excel more with?

Wind Chaser

« Reply #16 on: 27 Apr 2016, 01:10 am »
Are there specific genres they excel more with?

Everything I've tried so far they play equally well. Whether it be opera, metal, jazz, classic rock, electronic, punk, folk, and blues. Don't know about hip hop and country. Not interested in that kind of music.

M41A

« Reply #17 on: 27 Apr 2016, 03:01 am »
Danny, I have a pair of pedistales in my cart but before I place the order them are there any crossover upgrades available? If so can I get them installed before they are shipped to me?

Wind Chaser

« Reply #18 on: 27 Apr 2016, 05:08 pm »
Everything I've tried so far they play equally well. Whether it be opera, metal, jazz, classic rock, electronic, punk, folk, and blues. Don't know about hip hop and country. Not interested in that kind of music.

I should add to that, one of the characteristics of a good speaker is the ability to play any kind of music. Unless you listen to one kind of music, why would anyone want a one trick pony?  :scratch:

Danny Richie

« Reply #19 on: 27 Apr 2016, 08:41 pm »
Danny, I have a pair of pedistales in my cart but before I place the order them are there any crossover upgrades available? If so can I get them installed before they are shipped to me?

The crossovers can be upgraded and I can do it for you if you like.