New KISMET LIQUID Floorstanding Speakers!

AlexG

• Industry Participant
New KISMET LIQUID Floorstanding Speakers!
« on: 26 May 2015, 11:43 pm »
Well...what can I say...Klaus did it again!!

Long story short - Klaus has been working and working on a new Kismet series speakers based on his great Kismet Monitor speakers. He told me after the past RMAF he wanted a floor standing speaker using three drivers on each speaker based on the Revelator and Beryllium series transducers...

Fast forward...today we finished tuning the KISMET LIQUID speakers that will be flying tomorrow to THE SHOW in Newport Beach!

All what I can say is WOOOH!!! The sound out of these speakers is nothing I have heard before coming from the Odyssey stable...These speakers play music in a way so - so incredible - the sound stage, presentation, dynamics (micro / macro) and musicality are to die for! EMOTION...are you kidding me - they have a delicacy, low-level resolving power and a overall dynamic dexterity "a la Klaus", having all the elements come together effortlessly giving you an experience second to none!!

A must audition if you are attending THE show!!

Now, whoever is getting these pair of speakers after the show...is going to be one lucky dude!!

Well done Klaus  :thumb:

Alex

Chrisandalex1

Re: New KISMET LIQUID Floorstanding Speakers!
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2015, 11:57 pm »
Dig it Klaus.  I will see you there, and can't wait to see and hear them, and to meet the Emperor himself, in person.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2015, 12:23 am »
Ah man, I'm super excited now...can't wait to see you guys!

Randy

« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2015, 12:31 am »
Alex - Can you post some pictures?  How soon will they be production models?

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2015, 12:43 am »
Alex - Can you post some pictures?  How soon will they be production models?

+1 on that.  And Klaus - are you bringing them to the Capital Audiofest (and since you have already noted and apologized that the website is not up to date please just let us know details on pricing and specs)?

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2015, 02:50 am »
OK, the puppies are on their way....please, please, please SWA, be good to them.........

Yup, I am totally stoked here...it is exactly what I was hoping for ,  and for quite some time, and then some.......... with these speakers, you get a big part of me..probably more than anything else I have ever done....anyway, as everything turned out to be last minute here,  I am just copying a flyer for the show, granted, with minimum info though.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kismet Reference Loudspeaker Series

Beryllium, Baby !!!!!!!!!!!!

Our brand new Reference loudspeakers.  We simply had to design  loudspeakers with the ScanSpeak Beryllium and the Revelator 4531 bass unit.  We just had to,  considering that this Beryllium tweeter is considered the single worlds best driver everywhere.  Well,  it better be up there considering it’s astronomical $ 550. / piece price,  but man,  is it worth it.

What can we possibly say about it ???  You have to listen to it.  The sparkle,  the natural extension, the ridiculous “being there” is awesome.  ScanSpeak has produced something very,  very special.  So,  staying in line with our goals of pure emotional, 3 dimensional, non-fatiguing and natural tonality,  the Kismet References fit right in there with our philosophy and highest awards winning products.  They are truly part of the same family,  and without listening, it is simply impossible to describe them.

General description
The Illuminator tweeters stand for superb vocal rendition and excellent imaging at all listening levels. The D3004/664000 is "top of the range" with its pure beryllium diaphragm, large roll surround, and AirCirc motor system, it provide a excellent - unsurpassed - sound reproduction with a flat frequency response to above 40KHz, outstanding off-axis response, low distortion and dynamic precision.
KEY FEATURES:
Beryllium Diaphragm (99% Pure Be)
Patented Symmetrical Drive (SD-2) motor
Black Rubber Painted Die Cast Faceplate
AirCirc Motor Design w. 6 Neo magnets
Large Roll Surround f. Wide Dispersion
Non-Magnetic Protective Grill

General description 18W4531
The Revelator midrange and midwoofers, both well known for their sliced paper cone technology. The slices are filled with damping glue, which dramatically reduces breakup modes in the diaphragm. In combination with Scan-Speaks low-loss linear suspension and the patented Symmetrical Drive (SD-1) it represented a breakthrough in midrange clarity and overall smooth frequency response characteristics.

Kismet Reference Loudspeaker Series

Beryllium, Baby !!!!!!!!!!!!

KEY FEATURES:
Patented Symmetrical Drive Motor Design
Low-Loss linear suspension
Die cast Alu Chassis vented below spider
Sliced Cone (Controls Cone Breakups)
Low Damping SBR Rubber Surround
Large Ferrite Magnet System

Alphacore / Mundorf / Sonicaps / WBT / Groneberg TS Premium / Riedons

Kismet   2-way:
4 Ohm / 88 dB  / 160 lbs / pr    / 40 x 16 x 10 “   $ 4,200. / pr

Kismet Liquid 2.5 way: 
4 Ohm / 87 dB / 200 lbs/pr / 50x16x10"   $ 6,000./pr

Odysseyaudio.....317.299.5578.......www .odysseyaudio.com

TomS

« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2015, 02:54 am »
Well done Klaus. Should be another hit  :thumb:

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2015, 02:58 am »
%^$^&(%&$(&^$*%^_(^)&+) picture...can anybody rotate it for me please ???
Have to scoot here,  outa here to CA......
Also, I forgot to mention Alex, who helped me a lot with the final tweaking for the show, and who had some great ideas about offering basic "tweak" kits for different room acoustics for the speakers, i.e. different ports and foam kits....a la B&W,  which makes a lot of sense, and is easy enough...

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2015, 03:01 am »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2015, 03:30 am »
Oh, that looks yummy!

JackD

« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2015, 03:51 am »
Looks like an upgrade from Lorelei's is in the future.

AlTran

« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2015, 04:03 am »
Wow wow wow... I can't wait to take them home for some real audition.

AlTran

« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2015, 04:05 am »
AlexG: Now, whoever is getting these pair of speakers after the show...is going to be one lucky dude!!

Alex, who is that one lucky dude?  :lol:

ghettocowboy

« Reply #13 on: 27 May 2015, 04:35 am »
Very nice, can't wait to listen to it at the show

GentleBender

« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2015, 09:09 am »
Excellent work Team Odyssey! Wish I could be there to help break them in.  :icon_lol:

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2015, 01:26 pm »
The pictures don't do justice to these beauties...you have to sit in front of them playing some tunes and admire them in full splendor - they are indeed something special!

Oh, that looks yummy!

Tyson - I had the same feeling...looks like the "honey" is just dripping  :icon_lol:

Altran - Yes..Yes.., I did know these puppies are yours - reason why I loaded them with some special "southern" candy for you  :lol:

Alex

Phil A

« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2015, 01:48 pm »
AlexG: Now, whoever is getting these pair of speakers after the show...is going to be one lucky dude!!

Klaus told me if I rotated the photo I get to break them in :green: :green: :green:  Just kidding - congrats.

AlTran

« Reply #17 on: 27 May 2015, 04:19 pm »
Phil A,
Normally, every night when I get home I turn on my system to let it warm up for about 10 min then throw in a cd, hit play & walk away for about an hour, then come back to enjoy music. But last night was a little different, I had my system on for few hours without any music playing. The description from AlexG stuck in my head where I can only imagine what would these babies sound like in my room??? I will see them with my own eyes by tomorrow. 

Randy

« Reply #18 on: 27 May 2015, 04:26 pm »
Looks good/

Phil A

« Reply #19 on: 27 May 2015, 04:36 pm »
Phil A,
Normally, every night when I get home I turn on my system to let it warm up for about 10 min then throw in a cd, hit play & walk away for about an hour, then come back to enjoy music. But last night was a little different, I had my system on for few hours without any music playing. The description from AlexG stuck in my head where I can only imagine what would these babies sound like in my room??? I will see them with my own eyes by tomorrow.

I'm sure they will sound wonderful.  The value offered by Odyssey is really unbelievable.