Another happy Vapor Audio custumer

Luis B

Another happy Vapor Audio custumer
« on: 27 Nov 2014, 04:33 am »
My name is Luis, I live  in Lima. Peru. and I am the owner of the Vapor Audio Joule Black that was shown at RMAF in 2012. I just wanted to say that like others, I waited a little time more tan expected to get my speakers here, but the musical joy that they had brought me and still brings me every day, make that wait meaningless. I waited some months more, but how can I compare that with having a pair of speakers that punch when they need to do it, that are sweet when they need to be, that image like crazy, that respond perfectly with every kind of music you throw at them, that are so detailed and yet. always so absolutly musical. And if all that was not enough they look beatifull. i will post photographs  soon. If it happened to me to win the lottery or something, I have no doubt that one of the first things that I would do is get in touch with Ryan to see what we could do to get something even better, the Perfect Storm or whatever. I know I will wait,but I know that wait will be some kind of a good wait. I know that I would receive one of the best speakers I can imagine.

Russell Dawkins

Re: Another happy Vapor Audio custumer
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2014, 09:04 pm »
A very nice endorsement.

Congratulations, Luis, and welcome to AudioCircle.

Gopher

« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2014, 11:05 pm »
Great testimonial.  I'm very excited to read it as I'm waiting on a custom pair of "Super Auroras" for my family room.  Vapor products are special and I suspect I'll be holding on to these speakers for a long time.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2014, 03:36 am »
It's so nice to hear from you Luis.  Those are indeed very beautiful speakers and it was a pleasure being able to work on them for you.

We just finished up another pair for a man in New Jersey with this configuration, but different veneer.

Luis B

« Reply #4 on: 4 Feb 2015, 06:44 pm »
rcle.com/image.php?id=114282[/img]

Luis B

« Reply #5 on: 4 Feb 2015, 06:51 pm »
Those pics are my Vapor Audio Joule at home.

stlrman

« Reply #6 on: 4 Feb 2015, 07:00 pm »
Nice Luis!! :thumb:
Tube mono blocks? What's the rest of your gear?, as it may be interesting for those following .

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #7 on: 4 Feb 2015, 07:04 pm »
Sure are pretty to look at especially the stands.

charles

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #8 on: 4 Feb 2015, 07:06 pm »
Luis,

They're beautiful. I'll wager they sound amazing.

I'm curious about the vertical pine boards behind the speakers. Are they some sort of diffraction system?

Michael

Luis B

« Reply #9 on: 4 Feb 2015, 08:48 pm »
Hello Michael. Yes, in fact those pieces of pine are a diffraction sistem. The designer, a friend of mine, tells me say that they are difusers working with luminar soundstream. What I can say is that I have them in the front wall as you can see, in the rear wall too and if I had side walls I'd put all I can. It's incredible how those things can help in the level of detail, the dinamics, the overall clarity of the music, and depending on the way you put them, in the bass or the high frequenzies. I'm not an expert in accomplish this last things, in fact when needed I seek the help of my friend the designer, but I can post pics of the thing later because is very easy to replicate and build, and the benefits amazing.

Luis B

« Reply #10 on: 4 Feb 2015, 09:14 pm »
Stirman, my gear is now a pair of tube 140 watts per channel Conrad Johnson monoblocks, a CJ ET5 preamplifier, a CJ tea 2 SE phono preamp, a VPI Aries 3 (very upgraded) turntable with a Dynavector XV-1S cartridge and a VPI Sincronious Drive Sistem, an Audio Note step-up transformer, all interconnects are wild blue yonder or niagara Audioquest (silver), the power chords are all Audioquest Wild (silver too), the speaker cables are silver foil fron Downsize Audio ( Ryan's very good recommendation). I have a Chang Lighspeed power conditioner but when I can I go directly to the wall to the Oyaide R1 outlets. Well, that and the Joule that provide me everyday enjoyment. Hope I haven't forgot anything. Thanks for the question.

GentleBender

« Reply #11 on: 4 Feb 2015, 09:23 pm »
Luis,

Thanks for posting, nice setup.  :drool: Please post more photos of your diffraction system with any info you have on them, when you get the chance. Looks to be simple, but effective. Those speakers…those speakers are so beautiful.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #12 on: 4 Feb 2015, 10:01 pm »
A very handsome system indeed, Luis.

But did I miss a change in the Vapor design line? Why does Luis's look so different then the Joules on the Vapor website?
http://www.vaporsound.com/speakers/joule-black/

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #13 on: 4 Feb 2015, 10:04 pm »
Luis,

I'm interested in learning more about the diffraction method, too!  :thumb:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #14 on: 4 Feb 2015, 10:26 pm »
A very handsome system indeed, Luis.

But did I miss a change in the Vapor design line? Why does Luis's look so different then the Joules on the Vapor website?

http://www.vaporsound.com/speakers/joule-black/
I was thinking the same thing.  :scratch:

csmgolf

« Reply #15 on: 4 Feb 2015, 11:26 pm »
What he has is the original Joule. It was redesigned to its current 2 cabinet configuration a year or two ago. Nice looking speakers.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #16 on: 5 Feb 2015, 03:59 am »
I removed Dragon_vibe's post, and wrote him saying to start a new thread if he wants that discussion hosted here.  Dragging down threads like this one isn't the proper way. 

Thanks for posting pictures Luis.  It's because of you that a future vacation to Peru is on our wish list! 

And yes, that is the original Joule.  We can still build them that way at less cost than the current Joule, and for those with smaller rooms might be the better option when you still want ultimate resolution but don't want to overload with bass.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #17 on: 5 Feb 2015, 04:07 am »
Wow....

Those look very sweet...!

Dragon_vibe

• Restricted
« Reply #18 on: 5 Feb 2015, 04:08 am »
No sorry I have not received a personal message from you but I will defo put my story on a new thread for everyone to see Vapors Business Practice.

Factorz

« Reply #19 on: 5 Feb 2015, 12:08 pm »
Speakers look great! Your setup is really clean and you must be really proud.