Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Marius

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #720 on: 28 Jul 2014, 06:47 pm »
HI Chris,

Working with Bradio is really a rather big disappointment up to now. None of the more important classical radio stations are listed, or at least impossible to be found. When will you be making Bradio somewhat presentable and usable at all to your customers? a search option would really be a great functionality
Not even talking about the fixed and rather limited presentation of the stations. Some filtering ought to be provided, and clicking the column headers ought to change the listing in an ordered list.

If the more important stations aren't listed, an input-field could be provided for entering single stations and save them in a database please? I cant seem to find Br-Klassik, Avro stations, and, again, BBC 3, to name but a few. Entering the readily available internet addresses in itunes, or what have you, even an internet browser, plays the streams without an issue. Sure the BDp should be able to do so too.

just give http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3.asx a try or, as mentioned a long time ago http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3_aaclca.pls
Ive tried to make playlists out of them, but the bdp won't play.

Hope you can make it.

thanks,
Marius
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2014, 09:31 pm by Marius »

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #721 on: 29 Jul 2014, 12:18 am »
I would like to do the same, but MM ( on the Dashboard home screen ) is not telling me an update is available, though It is on the list in the updates screen.  Are all updates now done using Service Mode?  Should there be a notification on the home screen?

Thanks
Rich

The BDP only checks for updates upon startup or at 4am gmt, if you leave it running 24/7 then you won't informed until the following day.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #722 on: 29 Jul 2014, 12:20 am »
A little bit of excitement in my dull life ...

Downloading firmware filesystem
undefined% @undefined
Downloading boot drivers
100% @32
Downloading vmlinuz image

Filsystem Check Failed: md5 value missingFilsystem Check Failed: md5 value missing

What firmware are you currently running? Any firmware that is prior to S2.05 is broken, a fix was released in S2.05 2014-07-11 to fix the update feature.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #723 on: 29 Jul 2014, 12:22 am »
HI Chris,

Working with Bradio is really a rather big disappointment up to now. None of the more important classical radio stations are listed, or at least impossible to be found. When will you be making Bradio somewhat presentable and usable at all to your customers? a search option would really be a great functionality
Not even talking about the fixed and rather limited presentation of the stations. Some filtering ought to be provided, and clicking the column headers ought to change the listing in an ordered list.

If the more important stations aren't listed, an input-field could be provided for entering single stations and save them in a database please? I cant seem to find Br-Klassik, Avro stations, and, again, BBC 3, to name but a few. Entering the readily available internet addresses in itunes, or what have you, even an internet browser, plays the streams without an issue. Sure the BDp should be able to do so too.

just give http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3.asx a try or, as mentioned a long time ago http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3_aaclca.pls
Ive tried to make playlists out of them, but the bdp won't play.

Hope you can make it.

thanks,
Marius

Granted the bRadio web app is still limited and I was unaware of issues with classical stations showing; however stations are listed in order of most to least number of current listeners.

Cheers
Chris

ttsto

« Reply #724 on: 29 Jul 2014, 10:57 am »
What firmware are you currently running? Any firmware that is prior to S2.05 is broken, a fix was released in S2.05 2014-07-11 to fix the update feature.

Cheers
Chris

I am running S2.05 2014-07-11, new firmware was prompted, I went through the update procedure, nothing happened except MPD was moved from 18.6 to 17.5.
I will try to run the update again today

MoPac

« Reply #725 on: 29 Jul 2014, 09:40 pm »
Chris:
S2.05 2014-07-25
iPad 2, Safari
 After successfully updating to the above version the top portion of the screen and the info just under the album art jumps up and down about a quarter inch constantly.  This only happens on the "Default View", " Media Player" screen.  All other screens are stable.
 This does not happen on Windows XP - Chrome.
 Is this a known glitch?

Thanks
Rich

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #726 on: 29 Jul 2014, 09:46 pm »
Chris:
S2.05 2014-07-25
iPad 2, Safari
 After successfully updating to the above version the top portion of the screen jumps up and down about a quarter inch constantly.  This only happens on the "Default View", " Media Player" screen.  All other screens are stable.
 Is this a known glitch?

Thanks
Rich

Hi Rich

Try refreshing the screen or resaving the Icon to the ipad

James

MoPac

« Reply #727 on: 29 Jul 2014, 09:47 pm »
James:
 Did that several times.  No help.

Rich

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #728 on: 29 Jul 2014, 09:59 pm »
Ok try restarting the BDP

james

MoPac

« Reply #729 on: 29 Jul 2014, 11:29 pm »
Ok try restarting the BDP.
Did that right away, but........downloaded "Atomic Web Browser" on the iPad2 and MM works OK there.  Guess the S2.05 upgrade only affected Safari on the iPad.  Don't have a Mac to test Safari on that platform.  Guess I'll use Atomic till the next upgrade.

Thanks
Rich

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #730 on: 30 Jul 2014, 12:07 am »
Did that right away, but........downloaded "Atomic Web Browser" on the iPad2 and MM works OK there.  Guess the S2.05 upgrade only affected Safari on the iPad.  Don't have a Mac to test Safari on that platform.  Guess I'll use Atomic till the next upgrade.

Thanks
Rich

Have you tried Mpod and Mpad.  Also it may be the iPad 2 as MM does require more up to date tablets.

James

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #731 on: 30 Jul 2014, 01:14 am »
Chris:
S2.05 2014-07-25
iPad 2, Safari
 After successfully updating to the above version the top portion of the screen and the info just under the album art jumps up and down about a quarter inch constantly.  This only happens on the "Default View", " Media Player" screen.  All other screens are stable.
 Is this a known glitch?

Thanks
Rich

Clear your cache

MoPac

« Reply #732 on: 30 Jul 2014, 03:11 pm »
Chris:
 No need.  For some reason this morning MM on Safari is not jiggling any more. :scratch:
 Pardon my ignorance, but how do you clear the cache on MM?  I can do it on MPAD, but don't see a "Clear Cache" command on MM unless you mean the "Clear" just under the track progress bar which I figured was just for clearing the Playlist.
 Also, are the cover screws now Torx 10?  8 seems a bit loosie goosie.

Thanks
Rich

BrysTony

« Reply #733 on: 30 Jul 2014, 03:24 pm »
I recently upgraded my BDP-1 to Manic Moose.  The upgrade was uneventful and it works well.  However, I have always transferred new files to the BDP-1 over my WIFI network.  Transfer of a new CD normally took a couple of minutes; however, it now takes 30 minutes or more.  No changes other than the firmware upgrade were done.  What could have caused this?  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Tony

Marius

« Reply #734 on: 30 Jul 2014, 07:44 pm »
HI Chris,

Not sure if this is because of the latest firmware upgrade or my new Macbook Air, but suddenly the adaptive MM software seems to behave strangely resizing the windows....

Cheers,
M

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #735 on: 31 Jul 2014, 01:04 am »
HI Chris,

Not sure if this is because of the latest firmware upgrade or my new Macbook Air, but suddenly the adaptive MM software seems to behave strangely resizing the windows....

Cheers,
M

That's been around for awhile, you need to refresh the page each time you resize the page in such a way it has to reorient the contents.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #736 on: 31 Jul 2014, 01:08 am »
I recently upgraded my BDP-1 to Manic Moose.  The upgrade was uneventful and it works well.  However, I have always transferred new files to the BDP-1 over my WIFI network.  Transfer of a new CD normally took a couple of minutes; however, it now takes 30 minutes or more.  No changes other than the firmware upgrade were done.  What could have caused this?  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Tony

Wifi is hugely acceptable to interference that can cause variation in bandwidth performance, I would start by power cycling each wifi point.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #737 on: 31 Jul 2014, 01:10 am »
Chris:
 No need.  For some reason this morning MM on Safari is not jiggling any more. :scratch:
 Pardon my ignorance, but how do you clear the cache on MM?  I can do it on MPAD, but don't see a "Clear Cache" command on MM unless you mean the "Clear" just under the track progress bar which I figured was just for clearing the Playlist.
 Also, are the cover screws now Torx 10?  8 seems a bit loosie goosie.

Thanks
Rich
Clearing the cache isn't part of manic moose but your web browser, in the case of an iPad it's found some where in the settings for safari, please consult apple for further instruction.  It has likley started simply from launching the page enough times that the browser has loaded the correct version of the JavaScript file rather then the old version held in the browsers cache.

Cheers
Chris

keithjacksontucson

Artwork
« Reply #738 on: 31 Jul 2014, 02:26 am »
Just updated to S2.05 07-25-14
artwork has trouble updating from one album to the next
particuarly when the consume button is active
otherwise no trouble

MoPac

« Reply #739 on: 31 Jul 2014, 07:26 pm »
Chris:
S2.05 2014-07-25
 Using Windows Explorer I downloaded an album with one track and one .jpg file.  The album showed in red and would not allow me to open the album folder to see the track and art folder.  Rebooted BDP from MM and the folder did turn gray.  Looking in the folder showed the track gray and the .jpg file red.  Touching the art file did nothing.
 Next I shutdown the BDP, pulled the drive and looked at the file on the computer.  No weird stuff there so I restarted the BDP ( with auto update selected ), then reinserted the drive.  The .jpg file was still red.
 The file is 1536x1533 JPEG.  Is there a physical size limit on these art files?
 I wanted to resize the jpg file but Looking back on Windows Explorer the drive is not shown anymore.  Probably have to reboot the BDP again. :roll:

Update:
 Rebooting BDP did let the drive be seen in Explorer.  Added more tracks and MM does accept them with a click ( in my case a tap ).  The only issue is...you have to back out and go back into the "Media Player" screen to turn the tracks gray.  I found smaller art ( 500x500 ) but it still shows in red although MM and MPAD both use the art.  Actually I see now that all the album art files are red.  Guess that's normal??
 It would be cool to have one of those circle-arrow thingies that would refresh the screen when touched.  Right now if I go back to the "default | Bryston BDP" tab in Safari the track time bar will be frozen forcing me to go to "Dashboard" > "Media Player" to unfreeze the screen.

« Last Edit: 1 Aug 2014, 08:06 pm by MoPac »