2005 RMAF

amitm

Selah Audio
« Reply #80 on: 9 Oct 2005, 07:12 pm »
Any comments on the Selah Audio room, anyone?

Thanks.

--amit

BradJudy

2005 RMAF
« Reply #81 on: 9 Oct 2005, 07:44 pm »
Page four is up

http://www.bradjudy.com/audioblog/rmaf4/

I commented on the Selah room on page 3 of my posts.

BradJudy

2005 RMAF
« Reply #82 on: 10 Oct 2005, 03:32 pm »
I also posted some show conclusions here:

http://www.bradjudy.com/audioblog

It should be interesting to see what people think of the comments.  :)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
2005 RMAF
« Reply #83 on: 10 Oct 2005, 03:41 pm »
One week later....forcast for Denver today....light snow :o . Glad I was there last week...weather was beautiful. :D
    Thanks BradJudy....for your excellent reports !!!! :beer: [/list:u]
      Chris[/list:u]

zane9

2005 RMAF
« Reply #84 on: 10 Oct 2005, 04:43 pm »
Thanks, Bradjudy, for your thoughtful and detailed reports from RMAF.

My concern, which I think I mentioned many posts ago, is that we are seeing as the "new normal" for pricing of systems on display. If RMAF evolves as the landmark 2-channel show in the USA (plus our show here in Canada in Montreal), I think these shows need to show "best-of-breed" at all price-points.

J.

BradJudy

2005 RMAF
« Reply #85 on: 10 Oct 2005, 06:49 pm »
Quote from: zane9
I think these shows need to show "best-of-breed" at all price-points.

Which is why I want to encourage companies to actually show systems at different price points.  A friendly competition seemed like the best way to bring out 'best of breed at $x' systems instead of, or in addition to, their no-limits flagship systems (bring both if you want/can).  I would love to see an entire floor of $5k systems and another floor of $10k systems in addition to the four floors of price no object systems (if we assume staying with around six floors of exhibits).

lonewolfny42

2005 RMAF
« Reply #86 on: 19 Oct 2005, 03:49 am »
Spotted  more coverage of the RMAF '05 on Positive Feedback...bottom of page...even a video. :D

BradJudy

2005 RMAF
« Reply #87 on: 19 Oct 2005, 04:03 am »
Thanks for the link.  It's interesting to see coverage of the show even though I was there.  It's almost like I went to a different shows because it seems like much of the other coverage focuses on rooms I didn't check out.  :)

lonewolfny42

2005 RMAF
« Reply #88 on: 19 Oct 2005, 04:13 am »
Quote from: BradJudy
Thanks for the link.  It's interesting to see coverage of the show even though I was there.  It's almost like I went to a different shows because it seems like much of the other coverage focuses on rooms I didn't check out.  :)
Your right...there we a lot of rooms there....I tried to make them all....would of needed another 3 days to get to them all.
    Well...there's always next year.... :lol: [/list:u]

DeadFish

2005 RMAF
« Reply #89 on: 19 Oct 2005, 02:34 pm »
C'mon Chris, you know 3 days won't be enough either! :wink:

It didn't work for me last year.

NEXT year, I take a backpack with coffee.... :D

Regards,
DF

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
2005 RMAF
« Reply #90 on: 19 Oct 2005, 03:44 pm »
IF you can organize an under $5K room category, I can almost guarantee that ACI will be there next year. Our total rig at last year's CES was around $4500, and was extremely well received. Planning a very similar system for this year's Vegas show. I do hope we can be there for next year's RMAF!

BradJudy

2005 RMAF
« Reply #91 on: 19 Oct 2005, 04:46 pm »
Good to hear Mike, it would be great to have you and ACI at the show.  I'll see what I can do over the coming months to make the $5k challenge happen.  I need to get in touch with Al and the others involved in organizing the event.  I'm guessing if I volunteer to organize the $5k portion and can get interest from some critical mass of exhibitors (need to find out what would be critical mass), then it would be a reasonable proposition.

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
2005 RMAF
« Reply #92 on: 19 Oct 2005, 04:53 pm »
This would be fun :)

Sean

Quote from: Mike Dzurko
IF you can organize an under $5K room category, I can almost guarantee that ACI will be there next year. Our total rig at last year's CES was around $4500, and was extremely well received. Planning a very similar system for this year's Vegas show. I do hope we can be there for next year's RMAF!