Which headphone amp you own?

fwd

Re: Which headphone amp you own?
« Reply #20 on: 8 Mar 2011, 12:46 am »
Schiit Valhalla, tremendous amp despite being OTL (or because of it).

rob-fi

« Reply #21 on: 11 Mar 2011, 06:24 pm »
Lots of good stuff guys!

im waiting for the Fiio E11 to be released...i have heard good things at head-fi.
Been also tempted to buy a full size amp.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #22 on: 11 Mar 2011, 06:56 pm »
I got an E11 in my future and the MK2 of my current MP-301
the MP-301 MK2--check the price, nice right, I'll vouch for the sound without even hearing it, the current model is excellent..

http://www.musicalparadise.ca/mp/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=75

AVnerdguy

« Reply #23 on: 11 Mar 2011, 08:49 pm »
I currently use my AvaStar pre but I have to say the MP-301 MK2 looks interesting. I might have to pull the trigger on that.

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #24 on: 11 Mar 2011, 10:59 pm »

Gilmore light with DPS

cordia Headfivre

geowak

« Reply #25 on: 12 Mar 2011, 08:46 pm »
If you want to think about a different idea, I really like Benchmark products. I have a USB1 that is a headphone amp, preamp and DAC into one unit. It sounds superb! I don't know what the latest model they offer is, but it's probably better with HDMI connection. Try audioadvisor.com

minimus

« Reply #26 on: 13 Mar 2011, 05:48 am »
Woo WA22, Luxman P1-u, Blue Circle Hat Peed Thingee, Singlepower Extreme rebuilt by Bolder Cable, Meier Move, Original Master.

cryoparts

« Reply #27 on: 13 Mar 2011, 06:22 am »
Woo WA22, Eddie Current Equilibrato, Eddie Current Zana Deux, Triode TRX-PM84, Singlepower MPX3, Singlepower PPX3 Slam, Singlepower PPX3, Orb Jade 2, Arte Forma, Blossom, Pop Pulse, Little Dot MKIVSE..and a bunch of others. 

I should start a museum...

Peace,

Lee

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 13 Mar 2011, 09:59 am »
I thought I was nuts, you guys ARE nuts, I'm feeling much better now-mentally, ahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :thankyou:

cryoparts

« Reply #29 on: 13 Mar 2011, 04:55 pm »
Yeah...don't even ask what cans I have, and I still have another 5-10 amps on shelves collecting dust...I'm sick.   :duh:

@eclein--Hope you are feeling better, my thoughts are with you.

Lee

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #30 on: 13 Mar 2011, 05:11 pm »
Lee-Thanks its a daily friggin mess but this audio thing we love helps, and if its any consolation, all my stuff is set up in my bedroom and I have so many JBL's laying around that before I went in the hospital and started the falling thing I would brace myself every step of the way anywhere in my room by holding on to the nearest JBL. My closet for my clothes is 20% clothes and 80% JBL's....LOL....but we have fun and thats what counts!!!!
 Thanks again Lee for the kind thoughts...!!!!!

cryoparts

« Reply #31 on: 13 Mar 2011, 08:46 pm »

Feel better! 

Peace,

Lee

Lee-Thanks its a daily friggin mess but this audio thing we love helps, and if its any consolation, all my stuff is set up in my bedroom and I have so many JBL's laying around that before I went in the hospital and started the falling thing I would brace myself every step of the way anywhere in my room by holding on to the nearest JBL. My closet for my clothes is 20% clothes and 80% JBL's....LOL....but we have fun and thats what counts!!!!
 Thanks again Lee for the kind thoughts...!!!!!

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #32 on: 16 Mar 2011, 12:37 am »
Thats a nice looking tube amp Ed, what about a SS amp? have you ever used one of those?

jopagi

« Reply #33 on: 16 Mar 2011, 01:31 am »
It's nice to see some SinglePower love here  :D
My PPX3 Slam can still hold its own against my Woo WA6SE for certain types of music.
I've got a IBasso D10 for work as well, plus a Total Bithead that spends all its time in the drawer these days.
Jonathan

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #34 on: 16 Mar 2011, 01:46 am »
Thats a nice looking tube amp Ed, what about a SS amp? have you ever used one of those?
Since I started on this headphone thing NO SS yet other than listening to a movie late at night and using an AV receiver..actually I have that little Fiio E5 which technically qualifies now that I think of it although its small..real small..like puny!!

I do have a feeling from the level of enjoyment I'm having modding Grado's and listening to my new IE Woodees that I'll try whatever in the pursuit of THE SOUND!!!  LOL..I try and walk a little 6 block trek everyday weather permitting to get used to the cane or walker and strengthen whatever went south on me in my legs and my ipod/Fiio/Woodees rig is essential...got to have rythym!!!! :dance:

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #35 on: 9 Apr 2011, 11:58 pm »
A buddy just sent me an old NAD 3020B integrated amp with a broken faceplate which I just plugged in about ten minutes ago and that has a really good headphone stage on it.

tbabb

« Reply #36 on: 10 Apr 2011, 12:12 am »
For those of you with multiple amps, it would be nice to know if you have a favorite or tend to listen to some more than others, strengths, weakness, etc.. 

Much appreciated...

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #37 on: 10 Apr 2011, 12:47 am »
For those of you with multiple amps, it would be nice to know if you have a favorite or tend to listen to some more than others, strengths, weakness, etc.. 

Much appreciated...

This will make things more interesting. A nice idea  :thumb:
you can also add...which songs you like the most when using it? headphones?

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #38 on: 10 Apr 2011, 01:08 am »
My situation is easy-sorta....I use the Fiio E5 when ever I leave home, and the MP301 pretty much exclusively at home when using my Grado's. i also love my little IEM collection with the Sleek Audio SA-1's leading the pack and use them with the E5 only at this point.

Guy 13

« Reply #39 on: 10 Apr 2011, 02:12 am »
Schiit Valhalla, tremendous amp despite being OTL (or because of it).
Hi fwd and all Audio Circle members.
What make/model of hearphones your Schiit Valhalla is driving?

I now own a pair of Sennheiser HD570 (60 Ohms),
but later I want to up grade to Beyer Dynamic DT-990PRO or HiFi Man using the Schiit Valhalla or Decware OTL CSP2+.
Guy 13