Where to buy vinyl of all kinds on the web?

zerodecibels

Re: Where to buy vinyl of all kinds on the web?
« Reply #40 on: 3 Apr 2013, 10:16 pm »
Paul,

Thanks for taking the time! Looks like it's trial and error and sharing.

tomytoons

« Reply #41 on: 4 Apr 2013, 12:46 am »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #42 on: 4 Apr 2013, 01:01 am »

SET Man

« Reply #43 on: 4 Apr 2013, 01:42 am »
Hey!

Beside those already mentioned, some of which are my usual suspects like Music Direct and Acoustic Sounds. Here's one that I also like to check out...

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #44 on: 4 Apr 2013, 06:02 am »
An interesting place in Montreal, Canada.....Beatnick Records..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tc16Alz8PE

Guy 13

« Reply #45 on: 4 Apr 2013, 07:56 am »
Hi lonewolfny42 and all Audio Circle members.
That's a great link, thanks.
Right in my hometown Montreal and they speak French,
not that I cannot speak the language of Shakespeare, but…
For a long time I was looking for a place like that.
I don't like to buy vinyl on line from an American company.
Thanks again.

Guy 13

Northern Plastics

« Reply #46 on: 29 Aug 2013, 03:20 pm »
If I may toot my own horn..... :wink:

http://www.northern-plastics.com/

I specialize in mostly experimental, electronic, reggae and some re-issue psych. All new LPs/12s/45s....haven't got into selling used yet. Although I do have some used stuff on my Discogs page:

http://www.discogs.com/seller/Northern-Plastics

Small selection...but growing every week!

Trover

« Reply #47 on: 7 Mar 2014, 07:00 pm »
I dont like not being able to see stuff before I buy, but you gotta do what you gotta do for certain things that just are not going to turn up in the bins anytime soon if at all. I prefer internet sources for newer reissues, Acoustic sounds has the best packaging, but I've used them all over the years- music direct, elusive disc, Better records.
For previously owned UK pressings and other more rare or sealed items I prefer ebay sources that are really dealers or recognizably part of the vinyl community, not some guy with no turntable grabing stuff at his local used store without even looking at it and putting it on ebay becasue he thinks he has gold on his hands (which is getting more and more common and one of the reasons the stores are "dry" frequently). Once in awhile go out on a limb and buy a record listed along side jewlrey, bobleheads and baseball cards.
I do not use Gemm. "overgrading' happened on all items I got there. Record Grading is so reliant on lighting, honesty, and subjectivity- that's why I prefer to do it myself.

yeldarb

« Reply #48 on: 23 Jan 2015, 11:58 pm »
I have to give kudos to PopMarket.  They don't always have what I want, but their customer service has been outstanding, for me.  Vinyl has always been problematic, with any manner of things that can be wrong with a pressing.  PopMarket seems to know that, and has always replaced any disc that I found defective.   :thumb:

richard_crl032

« Reply #49 on: 5 Apr 2015, 08:36 am »
I score many rare LPs that I want from Discogs' Market Place and also get lucky sometime with GEMM. 

To many great older LPs prevents me from risking on new releases

Hope this helps ....

Richard@Singapore

btimm

« Reply #50 on: 29 Jul 2015, 03:10 am »
Recently launched website dedicated to the vinyl record market… Collectors' Choice Vinyl  http://www.ccvinyl.com/

planet

« Reply #52 on: 29 Jul 2015, 04:46 am »
I got my mailed Vinyl from
www.deepdiscount.com

gene9p

« Reply #53 on: 15 Oct 2015, 01:14 pm »
Hey!

Beside those already mentioned, some of which are my usual suspects like Music Direct and Acoustic Sounds. Here's one that I also like to check out...

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

their packaging is impeccable....best I have ever seen for what I have ordered from them including Rega accessories and LPs  :D

Klavierman

« Reply #54 on: 5 Aug 2016, 07:48 pm »
I've had good luck with Audiophile USA: http://www.audiophileusa.com/

twitch54

« Reply #55 on: 8 Aug 2016, 08:28 pm »
If I may toot my own horn..... :wink:

http://www.northern-plastics.com/

your horn doesn't 'toot'............ website has expired .......

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #56 on: 8 Oct 2018, 02:02 am »
Any recommended places to get non-audiophile music?

Just looking for some old Pop records.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #57 on: 8 Oct 2018, 02:18 am »
Almost all medium size cites have used record stores. I am lucky and where I live are at least a dozen still around! Plus all Salvation Army stores, Goodwill stores and plenty of other second hand stores. Then there is Half Price Books. Not in all big cities, but many do have them. I have two locally.   
I know my favorite Record Store has big days when plenty of visitors come in to town for celebrations. They make sure to visit the store.
Some stores are terrible. High prices, and scratched up records. Others seem to have good records and decent not too high prices.
Then there is Amazon and eBay. I avoid eBay. But DO buy new Lps from Amazon Marketplace.
Also estate sales. I never went to them, but I have friends who do go regularly. Best if you like them, not so good if just to hunt for LPs. Takes time and skill to know which estate sales will be good, and which are worthless.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #58 on: 8 Oct 2018, 12:23 pm »
I stopped by a yard sale in a regular suburban neighborhood on my way to the office one Saturday.  They had boxes and boxes of lps, but I didn't have time to dig through them.  Later in the day I stopped back when they were about to close shop and picked out several that looked promising.  On a whim I asked how much for the lot, they said $30, I countered $20, sold.  I sold a couple hundred undesirables to a used record shop for close to what I paid and scored a few hundred for myself for virtually free.  I dig through them and clean them up from time to time, best score I ever made.  Don't discount estate and yard sales if you're willing to accept less than perfect.

OzarkTom

« Reply #59 on: 8 Oct 2018, 01:05 pm »
I hit a lot of yard sales back in the 90's when many were dumping LP's. Today, many are dumping CD's. The one thing I always asked, how much for all? Usually they offered $20 or below for their lot. I  dumped them at the swap meets for $1-2 each. I sure wished I had known today back then. I would have saved them all.  :duh: