Dspeaker Dual Core review

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
Re: Dspeaker Dual Core review
« Reply #1 on: 5 Oct 2012, 03:00 pm »
Norman does your boss know you're not working and posting on this forum?   :lol:

medium jim

« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2012, 03:09 pm »
Heck, let him post all he wants!

Jim

wisnon

« Reply #3 on: 5 Oct 2012, 03:19 pm »
Norman does your boss know you're not working and posting on this forum?   :lol:
You do now, boss. LoL

wisnon

« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2012, 05:13 pm »
I just ran a correction today and it cleaned up the bass significantly, even with just the TYPICAL setting. I suspect it will be better in advanced mode where I can limit the frequency in the upper range to 250hz instead of 500.

I had 3 spikes which it flattened out.

VERY Highly recommended!

rodge827

« Reply #5 on: 6 Oct 2012, 06:18 pm »
Hey Norman,

I'm glad you posted the review. I was, but you beat me to it. 8)

For any one else, The review is spot on!. :thumb:

I have been mucking around with my Dual core since early August and have a pretty good idea of what it can do.
My speaker system is a 2.2 set up. I run the D/C in Advanced mode "Normal" and "Off" settings with corrections at 200hz and 225hz.
Yes you can hear the difference, and can also fine tune the frequencies at 1 point increments.
Pretty Cool! :D

I never knew how good my system could sound before the D/C.

I'll comment a little more later...being called to a much more important duty...I'll be right there dear...:oops:

wisnon

« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2012, 12:19 pm »
The guys from Dspeaker are very responsive.
Q&A from Dspeaker:

What are the current max sample rates accepted into the USB and Toslink digital input channels? I was under the impression that Toslink was 24/96 and that USB was 24/48 and that possibly in a future firmware update, USB can go up to 24/192.

Currently the Toslink can go 24/96 (latest firmware) and USB 48/24.

Am I correct here? I hope so because I have at least 20 hi-rez albums of 176khz and higher that I wont be able to play otherwise from my laptop.

You should be able to play them, as USB should be able to send the data in 48/24. Also the ADC of the AM2DC is 192kHz, so you could also use analog input if nothing else works.

Please let me know the current status and future upgrade plans in the works.

Yes we will. We'll announce any new firmware features on our website, so stay tuned.

Any plans to allow Toslink and USB input to accept 24/192? I have a lot of hires albums and can make more from my SACDs.

It is difficult to say yet about 24/192 as we are still planning the 24/96. However, the analog input already is 192kHz and USB should be able to feed the data in 24/48 format. With 6.144MHz reclocking, 24/48 is essentially as good as 24/192 as there is no jitter (which is more relevant than the ultrasonics).

Here is the reply to the question about the applicable frequency range for a TYPICAL correction:

The high limit for 'typical' is 150Hz. You see the limit as a dotted line in the measurement menu -> view before/after.

rodge827

« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2012, 02:22 pm »
Here is some discussion on measurements from the Dual Core over on the Hifi Wigwam site in the UK....

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?72279-DSPeaker-AntiMode-2-0-Dual-Core

Enjoy

Rclark

« Reply #8 on: 22 Oct 2012, 02:33 pm »
Heh. I was just reading the manual. http://www.dspeaker.com/fileadmin/datasheets/dspeaker/AntiMode20DualCoreEng.pdfTrying to wrap my head around this thing as much as I can before I get the chance to order. It's crazy how much function this thing has. That's the future.

roscoeiii

« Reply #9 on: 22 Oct 2012, 08:48 pm »
Yeah, I was on the phone with Tim at Simplifi about this thing. Wow. Balance controls? Check. Multiple outputs? Check. Multiple settings that can be saved? Check. Damn...

roscoeiii

« Reply #10 on: 22 Oct 2012, 08:50 pm »
Here is some discussion on measurements from the Dual Core over on the Hifi Wigwam site in the UK....

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?72279-DSPeaker-AntiMode-2-0-Dual-Core

Enjoy

And for those who didn't click the link, this includes a discussion of using the analog inputs from a vinyl rig! That's been the big question mark for me WRT this unit.

wisnon

« Reply #11 on: 22 Oct 2012, 10:00 pm »
Yeah, I was on the phone with Tim at Simplifi about this thing. Wow. Balance controls? Check. Multiple outputs? Check. Multiple settings that can be saved? Check. Damn...

Check out the forum here to:

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/DSpeaker-Anti-Mode-8033-Dual-Core-review_361/Review_Comments.html

medium jim

« Reply #12 on: 22 Oct 2012, 10:33 pm »
Please, no links to other forums.

Jim

roscoeiii

« Reply #13 on: 22 Oct 2012, 10:48 pm »
Really? What is the rationale for that. Especially for a new product like this, I found those links particularly helpful.

Just like members of different forums I am sure would appreciate links to AC threads like ncore impressions thread. Not to mention threads in some of our manufacturers circles

rodge827

« Reply #14 on: 22 Oct 2012, 11:35 pm »
Please, no links to other forums.

Jim

Seriously? :scratch:

Does posting associated links violate some kind of AC policy?

There is a buzz about this product around the web.
There are many different ways to implement the Dual Core and it's use can be system specific.
I'm currently using the SPDIF input from my transport and output to my main amp and subs.
Others are using it in a different way, which I find helpful for future system changes.

Tim at Simplifi called me today to see how I was doing with the Dual Core, and told me how difficult it is to fill the current orders. With supply being low and only a few dozen in the States I would think that finding out more information would be a good thing!

roscoeiii

« Reply #15 on: 22 Oct 2012, 11:41 pm »
Agreed rodge827,

And keep your impressions coming!

rodge827

« Reply #16 on: 23 Oct 2012, 12:02 am »
Will do!  :D

rodge827

« Reply #17 on: 23 Oct 2012, 12:15 am »
BTW,

Tim mentioned that there will be some youtube tutorials posted in the near future.
Things like step by step videos on how to do the various types of calibrations, utilizing the parameters, utilizing the EQ function, taking and posting measurements, etc...

medium jim

« Reply #18 on: 23 Oct 2012, 12:33 am »
Seriously? :scratch:

Does posting associated links violate some kind of AC policy?

There is a buzz about this product around the web.
There are many different ways to implement the Dual Core and it's use can be system specific.
I'm currently using the SPDIF input from my transport and output to my main amp and subs.
Others are using it in a different way, which I find helpful for future system changes.

Tim at Simplifi called me today to see how I was doing with the Dual Core, and told me how difficult it is to fill the current orders. With supply being low and only a few dozen in the States I would think that finding out more information would be a good thing!

I have no problem with it being discussed here and in fact, welcome the discussion.  However, it is bad protocol to direct the AC Membership to leave this forum and go to another.  Not being a hard arse, just asking for respect of the AC.

Thanks for your understanding,

Jim

roscoeiii

« Reply #19 on: 23 Oct 2012, 12:42 am »
We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

It is not as if we won't a) share important details we find on other forums on this one and b) give our own impressions and thoughts here.

And it comes down to more info being better than less info.

Much more frequently do I refer people on other forums to AC than refer ACers to non-AC threads.