***SOLD****Modwright Transporter--$1000 OBO

mikel51

***SOLD****Modwright Transporter--$1000 OBO
« on: 22 Nov 2017, 10:40 pm »
*****SOLD*****I have a black Squeezebox Transporter for sale.  I purchased this in 2008 directly from Dan.  In 2009, I upgraded the power supply to Dan's latest HyperDrive with Bybee.

Music Server Truth Mod Includes:Complete re-design of the analog stage featuring tubes from the 6CG7/6FQ7/6BG7/6BQ7/6N1P/6H30 family for easy tube rolling. The volume control is still active in addition to all of the digital and analog inputs and outputs.RCA and balanced outputs are now sourced from the new analog stage. The balanced outputs utilize custom wound output transformers from electroprint.The tube output stage features an internal, tube rectified power supply based on the technology from our preamplifiers, using 5U4/5V4/5AR4 compatible rectifier tubes.Output stage produces output levels sufficient to drive most amplifiers directly. The mod was voiced and designed with our LS 36.5 linestage between source and amp. Platinum Upgrade includes AC bybee purifiers installed (2) and ‘Hyper Drive’ power supply upgrade!

I have the following invoices:
  • March 2008.  New Black Slim Devices Transporter with ModWright Truth Modifications.  $3,500.00
  • April 2009.  Platinum Signature Truth upgrades to existing 'Truth' Modified Slim Devices Transporter. $500.00

The unit sounds amazing.  I played around with different ways to get good sound from computer audio: PC with commercial grade sound card, USB DAC, several different DACs.  When I found the Dan's modified Transporter, I stopped looking.  It was the first time that I could get the sound, beauty and coherence of a CD Transport to match the Hermes Tube DAC that was my previous standard.  I am convinced that one big part was using ethernet between the computer with music files and the transporter, and the second big part was Dan's awesome tube mods to optimize the analog section.

I can include the current and at least one spare set of tubes.....so you will get my two favorite 6SN7s- Old Tungsol and Old Raytheon (also included is the adapter that allows you to use 6SN7 tubes).  I should also be able to find some of the 6CG7 tubes I rolled.  I prefer the 6SN7 tubes in this unit.

I always used wired ethernet and have lost the antennas for wifi.  You can use standard wifi antennas if you want to use wifi (not recommended if you use full resolution audio files).

Here are a couple of reviews:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/modwright3/transporter.html
http://www.sonicflare.com/archives/review-modwright-truth-transporter.php

I recently downsized and moved into a small condo.  So I no longer use this as a source.  Sorry, I packed it away without taking any pictures--but the reviews do have pictures.  It is in good shape, but to be conservative, I would give it a 7 on the Audiogon scale.

« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2017, 07:45 pm by mikel51 »