New sub

milford3

New sub
« on: 31 Oct 2016, 08:32 pm »
Just ordered the Rythmik R12 Signature Edition.  An upgrade from my second sub the Aperion 8D.  The 8D will be missed for sure. But the SVS (main sub) coupled with the Rythmik R12 signature should sound incredible.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/F12SE.html

WireNut

Re: New sub
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2016, 10:15 pm »
Sounds good. I need to read about the servo amps. What makes them better.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #2 on: 1 Nov 2016, 10:17 am »
WireNut,

Rythmik servo amps use a passive circuit to feed back an induced signal from the driver to the amp which adjusts to the distortions seen at the driver so it's movement can more closely mimic the input signal.  Other servo amps use accelerometers, deemed by Rythmik to be less accurate.  A very few subwoofer drivers have "servo" built-in that some feel are superior to servo amps. 

Distortions that are greater in subs generally relate to greater inertia and thermal effects.  Servo circuits can be thought of as a form of signal processing to correct for system deficiencies. 

Milford,

Not familiar with the R12 Signature Edition and don't see it on the Rythmik website.  Can you elaborate?

milford3

« Reply #3 on: 1 Nov 2016, 12:08 pm »
WireNut,

Rythmik servo amps use a passive circuit to feed back an induced signal from the driver to the amp which adjusts to the distortions seen at the driver so it's movement can more closely mimic the input signal.  Other servo amps use accelerometers, deemed by Rythmik to be less accurate.  A very few subwoofer drivers have "servo" built-in that some feel are superior to servo amps. 

Distortions that are greater in subs generally relate to greater inertia and thermal effects.  Servo circuits can be thought of as a form of signal processing to correct for system deficiencies. 

Milford,

Not familiar with the R12 Signature Edition and don't see it on the Rythmik website.  Can you elaborate?

It's here

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/F12SE.html

mcgsxr

« Reply #4 on: 1 Nov 2016, 01:27 pm »
Cool stuff, and I bet that sub will look the business and deliver in your room!

My first exposure to servo subs was a Yamaha I bought in the mid 90's.  Still have it.  It has been very easy to blend with most speakers I have owned (Totem Model 1's, Totem Rokk, Totem Sttaf, MMG's and 1.6QR's).

I expect that sub should integrate well too, being sealed and servo.