D*200 and Electrical Interference - an interesting experience!

denjo

Wanted to share this expereince with fellow CIAudio owners and seek their views!

I recently swapped my Bent Audio TVC with my modded McCormack ALD-1, powering it with a SS amplifier. I noticed that when lights and certain electrical appliances were turned on in the house, I could hear some noise intereference from my speakers. If a fluorescent was turned on, I could hear the intermittent pulse as the fluorescent light powers up!! I decided to replace my SS amplifier with my D*200s. Result: no noise interference from my speakers?  :scratch:

From this observation, am I right to conclude that it is the preamp that is the source of the interference? My active preamp (McCormack) is obviously picking up some noise from the electrical switches/supplies which the SS amplifier is amplifying. Strangely, the D*200s do not seem to recognise any of that noise or interference and seems immune to it!!

I don't have a dedicated AC line strictly for my audio!

With the D*200s paired with my active preamp, I was simply stunned by how musical the combo was and of how truly a fine piece of audio gear the D*200s really are!! While I was enveloped in this sonic nirvana, playing one song after another, I cannot help but muse that the next audio generation will surely be in the domain of class D. I think the class D era is already before us and can only get better and better, combining the rare delicacy of tube-like magic with the muscle power of SS amps. What's more, class D is green and runs very efficiently - and cool!

I'm just going to bask in my D*200-McCormack combo for a while and simply ENJOY!

Best Regards
Dennis