Aloha - Welcome back

richidoo

Aloha - Welcome back
« on: 28 Oct 2006, 06:10 pm »
Dusty, I hope you got all the aloha spirit you could handle on your trip!

I heard some pretty bad sounding class D amplifiers at RMAF last week, the Tact amp was by far the worst, even playing through the nice Acoustic Zen Adagio speakers. PS Audio has some new little 100 watters which sounded pretty good as did the BelCanto 1000W monsters, but there is an edge to the ICE sound. Something that makes them seem more sharper and more intense than life, it is an unnatural sound, to my tube perverted ears anyway. Nuforce room was always 1/2 full and I never stayed in there for more than 20 seconds. It was not a high vibe room, not sure why. I saw a Spectron Musician 3 amp up in the Analysis Audio room, but it was unplugged and hidden under a curtain  :?. It would have blown the featured Joule Electra OTLs out of the water as they were not well matched to the big ribbons despite their flat 6 ohm repsonse. Something was wrong iwth that setup and it was a DAMN shame.  :D

Kharma amps sounded OK, but their speakers have that intense audiophile sound that I can't stand, so couldn't really hear what the TAS hype over the amp was all about. Oh, maybe it was the intense audiophile sound! duh...

Just wondering how the D400 project is coming along? When they come available for purchase, will you offer a 30 day home trial for the D400s like your other products?

Thanks Dusty.
I hope your trip was really Great!
Rich

CIAudio

Re: Aloha - Welcome back
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2006, 01:13 am »
Aloha and Mahalo!

We had some much needed relaxation, ocean fun, great food, and many many Mai Tai's :D

D-400 is coming along, we got a little behind on the new version due to delays in finishing up
the remote preamp. PLC-1 is now completed and starts shipping next week.

We plan to have D-400 finished in time for CES (January) and shipping soon after. The 30 day trial policy will apply as it does with all CIAudio products.

richidoo

Re: Aloha - Welcome back
« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2006, 07:09 pm »
Thanks Dusty
Congrats on the new products. I am looking forward to sampling D400.
Rich