Time to come out of lurker-mode...

Syncytial

Time to come out of lurker-mode...
« on: 25 Sep 2016, 08:18 pm »
Hi all,

I've been following one of the circles closely for more than a year, others more sporadically, and joined in October 2015. I don't tend to post unless I feel I have something of value to contribute, or at least have a strong interest in supporting/opposing a stated position.

I've been involved professionally in recording music, retail hifi, and broadcasting. However, I come here simply as a music lover, listening primarily to classical, jazz, and blues, augmented with selected examples from other genres. I attend many live concerts every year, which helps to keep me grounded in the reality of musicians playing for an appreciative audience.

My preference in equipment is gear that helps to approach the illusion of real instruments (primarily acoustic) playing in a real space. My background in the science/engineering realm informs my worldview when it comes to audio reproduction, but I do not believe we have fully characterized the requirements for "perfect" reproduction in the electronic sphere, and most certainly there is lots of room for exploration and improvement of the electromechanical aspects. Acoustics of the listening space is an area that does not get nearly enough attention from audiophiles or the industry supporting them, especially in the context of the practical living spaces that most music lovers occupy and often share.

I'm not likely to post frequently, though I can be verbose when I do step forward. ;)

- Syncytial.

Phil A

Re: Time to come out of lurker-mode...
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2016, 10:25 pm »
Welcome!

JakeJ

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2016, 11:42 pm »
Welcome Syncytial!  Verb away!  It's OK if you use some nouns and an adjective or two.  :green:

TrungT

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2016, 11:45 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb: