RMAF Evoke will be there, come and hear us in the Linear Audio Room 6015

John Casler

If you're going to Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, you are invited to stop by and hear the New EVOKE Eddie speaker with Linear Tube Audio gear.

We made a pretty big SPLASH at THE Home Entertainment Show in June and hope to have a great showing in Denver too.

This time we will be powered with TUBE gear from Linear Tube Audio, who is also an EVOKE Dealer in the Washington DC area.

Below is the PRESS RELEASE:

http://www.evokespeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/evokeloudspeakers
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=141827

EVOKE Loudspeakers and Linear Tube Audio Pair Up at the “Rocky Mountain Audio Fest” in Denver, Colorado

EVOKE Loudspeakers Will be Showing “Eddie”, powered by the Award Winning Linear Tube Audio ZOTL40 at the prestigious Rocky Mountain Audio Fest on October 7 – 9 in Denver, Colorado.

“Hearing the Eddie audiophile reference monitor paired with the Linear Tube Audio ZOTL40 is a perfect example of pushing the limits of price-to-performance boundaries.”

Beverly Hills, California, September 27, 2016

Evoke™ Loudspeakers will be showing “Eddie™” at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver Colorado on October 7 – 9. Eddie will be performing in Room 6015 driven by the award winning Linear Tube Audio ZOTL40 amplifier with Audience cables and power conditioners.

According to John Casler, charged with distribution and marketing for EVOKE, “After 2 years of development we’re bringing a product to market that only VMPS could have conceived before.” He added: “It exceeded my expectations and a select group of ex-VMPS owners when we compared it to the much larger award-winning RM40.”

The center-piece of “Eddie” is the StratF1™ planar midrange driver. Evoke searched globally to find a partner to create a custom midrange worthy of the audiophile market. It has extraordinary headroom delivering effortless performance.

While the StratF1 extends well past 20 KHz in response, it crosses over to a TrueFlat™ ribbon tweeter to utilize the ideal bandwidth and dispersion characteristics of both drivers.

Matching a planar to a woofer has always been a challenge. EVOKE features a custom aluminum mid-woofer with a moving mass that is just less than 18 grams. The well-conceived crossover and cabinet loading makes the transition between the two drivers virtually indiscernible.

The crossover features audiophile grade components including Mundorf Supreme capacitors, Vishay resistors and WBT binding posts. The standard finish for Eddie is post-modern American Walnut.

The feedback has been favorable:

Evoke™ Loudspeakers launched “Eddie™” at T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach earlier this year. Robert Harley of “The Absolute Sound” named EDDIE "Best of Show, for the money". He added: “The Eddie speaker from a new speaker company called Evoke caught my ear for its tremendous price-to-performance ratio … It sounded clean, fast, and transparent — and like it should cost much more than $4k.”

“Evoke Audio’s Eddie speakers … was really putting on a show of how good cost-effective audio can get. The speakers are very reminiscent of the older VMPS 626 speaker, which is a very good thing, though they use completely different drivers. They play way bigger than one would expect based on their size and driver complement.” Positive Feedback at T.H.E. Show.

“I’m hearing life sized instruments and voices. Not only do the speakers disappear when music plays, but so do the walls in my room. Now I am awed by the music I hear and not by the sound equipment I see.” Evoke Eddie owner.

“I had to laugh aloud because I was so happy at what I was hearing regarding the soundstage. The drums were further back in space as they should but they were bigger and more physically present, vocals and guitars were further forward, creating a very large soundscape with plenty of space between and around the instruments. To me, this is what it is all about. Music has a very natural ease to it. There seems to be zero distortion. Dynamic contrasts within the music come through with the same ease and naturalness.” Evoke Eddie owner. (To read the full-length comments and other customer feedback, please visit the Evoke website.)

“Evoke has been a passion project” states Mark Summers, CEO of Evoke Loudspeakers adding: “Every aspect of the speaker is optimized without compromise. At the same time, we believe we’ve created an affordable audiophile product that outperforms speakers at many times its cost.”

Evoke has also created a “Founders’ Circle” for Evoke customers. They will qualify for a two-year upgrade option and a lifetime discount on all future Evoke products. The first several production runs have sold out.

The current run is now in production with pre-orders promising to sell out quickly. MSRP is $3,495 a pair. The show special is $3,295 per pair with a deposit of 50%. Eddie will ultimately retail for $3990 per pair MSRP.

Audition “Eddie” along with the award winning Linear Tube Audio ZOTL40 amplifier and Audience cables and power conditioners in room 6015. For more information contact Mark Summers or visit http://www.evokespeakers.com.

About Evoke Speakers

EVOKE finds its inspiration from legends like Arnie Nudell of Infinity, John Dahlquist, David Hafler and many more. EVOKE is further inspired by the late Brian Cheney of VMPS Audio who believed you could build a state-of-the-art product for a reasonable price that often exceeded the performance of much higher priced loudspeakers.

The goal of EVOKE loudspeakers is to inspire you to listen to your music or watch a film as if for the first time - to hear it as if it were live in the moment, natural, in a holographic space, at ease and dynamic.

Once you audition them you will know what it means to forget you are listening to electronics and speakers, and become immersed within your favorite films or music.

John Casler

Here is the room set up.  Please stop by and hear the EVOKE Eddies.

Folsom

You need a real camera. I found out the same thing at a show. It's just a bad place for phone shots.

willsw

• Industry Participant
We've got some great shots of the room we'll post soon. People have been really enjoying Eddie.

willsw

• Industry Participant
Here's a much better photo of the room, and here's another shot by AVShowrooms from the few hours during which generous genius Gordon Rankin lent us a great Wavelength DAC, though to fully show the server off we needed a DSD-capable DAC and ended up returning it. That photo also shows off our last-minute room treatment ("wait . . . I thought you guys were bringing the room treatment . . ."): a box of acoustic ceiling tiles, which, combined with foam, hidden boxes, and some discreet sofa cushions in the corners, made a pretty good room out of this asymmetrical beast of a space.

willsw

• Industry Participant
Glamour shot of Eddie.