Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!
« Reply #120 on: 21 Nov 2010, 04:29 pm »
owenmd....I share the same thing, for a few hours last night the brightness was a bit much-not horribly too bright but close- today things seem to have calmed down alot. I have had continuous music playing since yesterday when I put these into play and about an hour after I started I did notice even more detail as if they opened up, broke in a bit, settled or whatever you want to call it. Last night the sound got bright, really bright and today its much better....interesting for sure, a do dad the size of a small firecracker that has no apparent reason for working seems to be doing just that. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #121 on: 21 Nov 2010, 05:16 pm »
 Ok we orderd some. after experimenting with different wires, I tried a a braided shield with really good results, so We figured it was time for the real deal. Shoot at $30 a no brainer.
   Taking this theory a bit further is this not a ground plane ? Is it the tuning of such the main factor or is it the ground plane itself ? If its frequency would a tuning fork work ? OK I hear ya'all laughing [ me too] but I had to ask. BTW put one in the neg. RCA of the output and "I swear" [ klingon ] beam me up I must be dreaming.

charles

shep

« Reply #122 on: 21 Nov 2010, 05:25 pm »
Charles when you beam back down could you tell us what you heard?  :green:

davidrs

• Which do you value more, happiness or truth?
« Reply #124 on: 21 Nov 2010, 05:33 pm »
Say "hi" [klingon] to major tom on the way down... :D

davidrs

• Which do you value more, happiness or truth?
« Reply #125 on: 21 Nov 2010, 05:44 pm »
A voice over replacing 'sex' with 'ground enhancers' at the end of the clip; and the alien jumping (excited & all) to that would be truly classic.

Funny video - thanks for the laughs.

nunhgrader

« Reply #126 on: 21 Nov 2010, 06:44 pm »
I might have to try these puppies out :D

sac8d4

« Reply #127 on: 21 Nov 2010, 06:45 pm »
Ric,

When you have a chance can you upload pics of your spade/banana version GEs? If that isn't possible, could you indicate what manfacturer of spade and banana you plan on using?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #128 on: 21 Nov 2010, 10:06 pm »
Ok these work and I am willing to make a gentleman's bet.First non believer who PM's me I will buy you 1 set and have them shipped to you. If you like them their yours if not you mail them to me. Nothing to lose . Except for me  :scratch: Seriously you have a money back guarantee and we all know we have spent  10x and some more on stupid tweaks that didn't even work. :thumb:

You could of done the "Sceptical" EVS Ground Enhancer Audition Tour..... :wink:

And the winner is JHM731

............ 8)

Charles Xavier

« Reply #129 on: 21 Nov 2010, 10:18 pm »
You could of done the "Sceptical" EVS Ground Enhancer Audition Tour..... :wink:

............ 8)

You are right. I didn't offer anything different than Ric. Just someone wanted to call me on it

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #130 on: 21 Nov 2010, 11:49 pm »

So what makes these little babies tick, why do they do what they do and what do they do?? :thumb:

alwayslearning

« Reply #131 on: 22 Nov 2010, 01:17 am »
That would never make it past airport security  :P

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #132 on: 22 Nov 2010, 06:00 am »
... as if they opened up, broke in a bit, settled or whatever you want to call it...

as they build up charge.

dave

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #133 on: 22 Nov 2010, 06:03 am »
... aking this theory a bit further is this not a ground plane ? Is it the tuning of such the main factor or is it the ground plane itself ? If its frequency would a tuning fork w

Bud points out that they have no affect on electronics with an instrument grade ground plane.

dave

shep

« Reply #134 on: 22 Nov 2010, 03:23 pm »
Anyone who DOESN'T want a set, I'm a taker. a. I live in France b. I don't want to wait weeks
Thank

mdfoy

« Reply #135 on: 22 Nov 2010, 09:03 pm »
I went to 2:00 on my pre-amp :lol:  I have never been past 11:00.  The music just got louder, but so clean.  What's up with that?

Charles Xavier

« Reply #136 on: 22 Nov 2010, 09:13 pm »
I went to 2:00 on my pre-amp :lol:  I have never been past 11:00.  The music just got louder, but so clean.  What's up with that?

Yes ,me too

roscoeiii

« Reply #137 on: 22 Nov 2010, 09:20 pm »
Huh, so you are getting more range on your preamp attenuator? Wow. That's a nice bonus for someone like me who lives in the 7:30-10:00 range mostly...

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #138 on: 22 Nov 2010, 09:24 pm »
This may sound odd but the clarity and imaging have really gotten better and better, it sounds like no speakers are in play and the music is coming from everywhere but speakers.  If this is what people call holographic imaging then I got that in spades here. It's absolutely like $30 bought me a new system and a great one at that.

owenmd

« Reply #139 on: 22 Nov 2010, 10:13 pm »
This may sound odd but the clarity and imaging have really gotten better and better, it sounds like no speakers are in play and the music is coming from everywhere but speakers.  If this is what people call holographic imaging then I got that in spades here. It's absolutely like $30 bought me a new system and a great one at that.

Hi Eclein,

Are you saying that the increased brightness you mentioned earlier has now gone...?
I've run on and off over the weekend and it still seems a little "strident" and bright to me.... although the general improvements are impressive.  Unlike some folk, I've not found I can run louder without fatigue, but it does sound much better at lower levels.... better for the old ears mind you.  Robin suggested I try with just one pair at the speakers as I currently have both ends.... I'll get around to it sometime.