BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

artur9

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1240 on: 16 Mar 2017, 10:24 pm »
How did you set that up? Did you manually install upmpdcli on the BDP-1?

I have a "home-made" NAS powered by an old MacBook Pro running linux.  I installed upmpdcli and minim server on there.  Although it doesn't matter where upmpdcli is running.

artur9

« Reply #1241 on: 26 Mar 2017, 04:01 am »
I played some music off a thumb drive on my BDP-1.  Nice!  It also displayed artist/album correctly on the front panel.  Wish I could configure it to do that for HTTP streams.  No value to me that second line that says "HTTP".

I do have a question.  How does one do a factory reset on a BDP-1?  There's some cruft from the previous owner I'd like to clear out.

Krutsch

« Reply #1242 on: 26 Mar 2017, 04:25 am »
I played some music off a thumb drive on my BDP-1.  Nice!  It also displayed artist/album correctly on the front panel.  Wish I could configure it to do that for HTTP streams.  No value to me that second line that says "HTTP".

I do have a question.  How does one do a factory reset on a BDP-1?  There's some cruft from the previous owner I'd like to clear out.

Go into the "System" tab and click on "Reset To Factory". That's it.

Krutsch

« Reply #1243 on: 26 Mar 2017, 04:26 am »

Honestly, it's how the BDP-1 sounds best.

artur9

« Reply #1244 on: 26 Mar 2017, 03:15 pm »
Honestly, it's how the BDP-1 sounds best.

I was listening to Glenn Gould's 1982 Goldberg Variations needledropped from LP.  Sounded fabulous!

Even over the network the BDP-1 bests my turntable (admittedly, my preamp digitizes everything so...).

Krutsch

« Reply #1245 on: 26 Mar 2017, 03:48 pm »
I was listening to Glenn Gould's 1982 Goldberg Variations needledropped from LP.  Sounded fabulous!

Even over the network the BDP-1 bests my turntable (admittedly, my preamp digitizes everything so...).

I do that, as well. I have a Bel Canto DAC/digital pre-amp that I plug in the analog output from my phono stage; it's for convenience, but I wonder if I am losing something not directly cabling into my headphone amp.

werd

« Reply #1246 on: 17 Apr 2017, 04:16 pm »
So, what are we using now to control a bdp with an ipad  or iphone? Now that Mpad is no longer updated or useable.

zoom25

« Reply #1247 on: 17 Apr 2017, 05:26 pm »
I use Manic Moose on iPad. I'm not into the loop of what new apps are good these days.

werd

« Reply #1248 on: 17 Apr 2017, 05:53 pm »
I use Manic Moose on iPad. I'm not into the loop of what new apps are good these days.

Thanks, i guess for $7.00 there is Soundirok at the App store.

zoom25

« Reply #1249 on: 17 Apr 2017, 08:22 pm »
Thanks, i guess for $7.00 there is Soundirok at the App store.

Thanks. I've seen it mentioned here frequently. I'll look into it if I move the BDP-1 to my main rig. Right now the BDP-1 is used on the desktop rig, so I have an iMac in front of me to use Manic Moose.

The only problem I have is that I cannot add more than 300 songs to the list. I tried changing it from the settings in Manic Moose and altering the MPD Version number, but it does nothing and remains at 300. The capacity of 300 isn't a big deal, but rather which 300 gets added. For example, I have a few compilation playlists of over 800 and whenever I click add to the playlist, it will always add the first 300. If I wanted to automatically add tracks 301-600, there isn't a way I am aware of. I can only add them manually one at a time.

If anyone at Bryston has a solution, that'd be helpful.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1250 on: 17 Apr 2017, 08:46 pm »
you should make sure you have the newest firmware installed, some previous releases have broken this feature in the past, as far as I am aware S2.32 and S2.33 are working correctly

klao

« Reply #1251 on: 19 Apr 2017, 03:44 pm »
Hi James & Bryston team,

My BDP-1 (s/n 221) with software R02.0 2010-10-19 keeps getting Error 09 / 190.

Please help.

Thank you,
Klao

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1252 on: 19 Apr 2017, 03:49 pm »
Hi James & Bryston team,

My BDP-1 (s/n 221) with software R02.0 2010-10-19 keeps getting Error 09 / 190.

Please help.

Thank you,
Klao

Hi Klao

09 means the system board is not responding - it would need to be serviced.

james

klao

« Reply #1253 on: 19 Apr 2017, 06:25 pm »
Hi Klao

09 means the system board is not responding - it would need to be serviced.

james

:cry:

Thanks, James.

Misl

« Reply #1254 on: 30 Apr 2017, 11:05 am »
Bryston BDP-1 + Tidal app

I have subscribed to Tidal and am presently surprised by the choice and sound quality offered. Probably I am doing something incorrectly with the Bryston's Tidal app, admittedly still in its Beta version. When I choose search in order to see an overview of available albums, such as, say, Eric Clapton or similar, I always get exactly 10 albums shown, not a single more. When I search through the Tidal app on my Nexus 10, I easily and almost instantly get tens and tens available albums. However, I definitely prefer to use MPD and the Tidal app in Bryston and, not the BDP-1 set as DLNA renderer. What am I doing wrong?

Misl

« Reply #1255 on: 30 Apr 2017, 11:31 am »
Perhaps I should add that I have the newest firmware S2.32 installed.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1256 on: 30 Apr 2017, 11:17 pm »
Perhaps I should add that I have the newest firmware S2.32 installed.

There should be an icon to load all the albums (a plus)

Misl

« Reply #1257 on: 1 May 2017, 03:14 am »
Yes, of course, the icon is there but clicking on it produces no effect - I have only ten items in each playlist, artists, albums and tracks sections and pressing on 'show all' does not change anything in either of them

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1258 on: 5 May 2017, 10:37 pm »
Yes, of course, the icon is there but clicking on it produces no effect - I have only ten items in each playlist, artists, albums and tracks sections and pressing on 'show all' does not change anything in either of them

It appears to be functional, you could place the bdp into service mode and email me the service id.  which browser/device are you using with the BDP?

Cheers,
Chris

Misl

« Reply #1259 on: 6 May 2017, 03:56 am »
Hi Chris,

I found the way how to make it work. Sorry for bothering you and thank you.

M.