The Frugal Audiophile

66mgb

Re: The Frugal Audiophile
« Reply #20 on: 1 Apr 2012, 02:38 pm »
Elizabeth,  I like your style ! your priorities are correct. I have a 18 Year old truck a 46 year old MG and 3.6's fed by a Pass X150.5.
Russ

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #21 on: 1 Apr 2012, 02:46 pm »
+1!  I usually buy cars with 100,000 miles on 'em, and try to make them hit 200,000.  My target price for these junkers is $3-4K, tops. I have one suit, prefer T-shirts and cargo pants, and I bought the cheapest fixer-upper house in the nicest neighborhood I could find.  Me cell phone is 5 years old, I don't have a text plan or HBO, but I have a stereo to die for! 

Great perspective, Liz!   :thumb:

fredgarvin

« Reply #22 on: 1 Apr 2012, 04:31 pm »
I became very frugal when everything crashed in 2008. I am definitely a bargain hunter now and change out items in my systems much less often than before. I also drive old paid for vehicles and haven't bought a new one in almost ten years. I'm playing the same guitars and amps I had three years ago and I am no longer a gear hound. Where I do spend money is on vacations and trips. We love to travel and to do it in style. I'd rather spend $5000 on a nice trip than spend it on car payments.

KKM

« Reply #23 on: 2 Apr 2012, 05:45 am »
I became very frugal when everything crashed in 2008. I am definitely a bargain hunter now and change out items in my systems much less often than before. I also drive old paid for vehicles and haven't bought a new one in almost ten years. I'm playing the same guitars and amps I had three years ago and I am no longer a gear hound. Where I do spend money is on vacations and trips. We love to travel and to do it in style. I'd rather spend $5000 on a nice trip than spend it on car payments.
Nice Fred, surveys have shown that joyful experiences, like your vacations, bring much more happiness than materialistic possessions, which are fleeting and temporary.

medium jim

« Reply #24 on: 10 Apr 2012, 01:02 am »
I have 2 ten year old cars, both with more than 100K on them, the Cadillac had its original sound system removed and I upgraded it with a much better than factory system.  I also have a wonderful home stereo that better last me as I will never be able to afford to replace it with anything comparable.  My only other luxury are my season tickets to the Dodgers. 

I couldn't live without music to chill me out....

Jim