Help with PlayStation 3 (SACD ripping)

DanielF

Help with PlayStation 3 (SACD ripping)
« on: 3 Oct 2013, 06:02 am »
I was referred to this forum by another, who said this is the place to go for SACD ripping advice!  So I'm a newbie here, and forgive me for launching with a longish post...

I'm looking for PS3/SACD-ripper owners with more experience than me, to help with a problem that has occurred with my setup...

I have a PS3 running OtherOS++3.55, and I had SACD-ripper 0.21 installed and working (in the past). Recently I purchased a 32GB thumb drive and formatted it FAT32 specifically for use with the PS3 (I previously found the PS3/SACD-ripper wouldn't recognise anything larger). But when I went to do an SACD rip recently, I found that SACD-ripper wouldn't recognise this new thumb drive.

Thinking a later version of SACD-ripper might have more luck, I went searching for a later version. Sadly I've been unable to find a download site for a compiled SACD-ripper v0.36, which I believe is the lates/last. But I did find another (unidentified) version that seemed to have a later build date than v0.21.

So I tried installing that 'new' version on the PS3 (it said installation completed OK), but when I went to run it I get only an empty black screen. The PS3 is still putting out video (my TV says 1080p), but it's completely black. As well as the blank screen, the PS3 was locked-up – a long press of the controller's PS button wouldn't bring up the turn-off menu, and I had to do a long press of the power touch-button. I tried reinstalling the 'original' (v0.21) SACD-ripper (which also said it installed successfully), but now get the same result.

Two things I don't know (well, there are many things I don't know, but these two are particularly relevant!  :)) is whether I need to include the 'keys' each time I do a re-install of SACD-ripper, and whether the set of keys somehow 'goes with' a particular version of SACD-ripper (I've found two different key archive files so far).

I went so far as to reinstall OtherOS++3.55 in case it had somehow been corrupted, and I also tried the PS3's 'reset to default' option, but still no joy. The other 'foreign' game on this PS3, MultiMAN, also no longer works and produces the same blank screen and lock-up. (I don't use this machine for anything but SACD ripping, so don't have any 'real' games I could test.)

Can anybody point me in the right direction to fix this problem, even if it still leaves me with SACD-ripper v0.21? (Though I would prefer v0.36 if anyone has a compiled copy they can send me – pls contact via PM).

Heeeeelllpppp!!!!

Daniel (Australia)

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Help with PlayStation 3 (SACD ripping)
« Reply #1 on: 4 Oct 2013, 12:28 pm »
Daniel, I quick search would show that we already have this topic going for some time now.  Please use that thread; I will lock this one.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=95396.160

Also, I have sent you a PM with my guide and all the correct tools, etc.  Yes, you need to include the correct 100+ keys on your USB thumb drive (root) when installing a new ripper.pkg;  there are not two correct sets of keys, only one.   Please read the guide before going forward as you can get yourself going down the wrong road, thanks.