Sony HAP-Z1ES

htradtk

Sony HAP-Z1ES
« on: 28 Nov 2015, 01:07 am »
Greetings,

New to this forum. The Sony HAP-Z1ES player has been out for around 3 years now. Has anyone heard of a replacement model in the works? Thinking of getting one or is there one other model compatible to the Sony for around $2000?

Henry

paul79

• Industry Participant
Re: Sony HAP-Z1ES
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2015, 01:11 am »
You cannot beat the Sony for the price. It is a damn good sounding and VERY nice to use player. It is now even a CD Ripper!!

I really doubt Sony is releasing anything new anytime soon as far as an all in one. Pay the $2K, or whatever. It is very worth it.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2015, 01:19 am »
You cannot beat the Sony for the price. It is a damn good sounding and VERY nice to use player. It is now even a CD Ripper!!

I really doubt Sony is releasing anything new anytime soon as far as an all in one. Pay the $2K, or whatever. It is very worth it.
Didn't know that - did they add a CD drive?

htradtk

« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2015, 01:35 am »
CD ripper! There's not cd drive on the current model, is there one in the works? That would be ideal for me!

Henry

audio.bill

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2015, 01:50 am »
There is no CD drive built in, but word is that the latest firmware update adds the capability for an external USB CD-ROM drive to be connected for direct ripping.

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2015, 03:08 am »
There is no CD drive built in, but word is that the latest firmware update adds the capability for an external USB CD-ROM drive to be connected for direct ripping.

Bingo! Haven't tried it yet though.... Supposed to be plug and play. Insert a CD in the drive, and a menu pops up. Other companies really need to take notes from Sony. Their UI is unbelievably great on the HAP.

htradtk

« Reply #6 on: 1 Dec 2015, 12:05 am »
OK,

I'm going to my dealer this Saturday so I should find out more details then on this Sony unit! So all I need is a CD drive connected and I can start burring away!

Henry

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 1 Dec 2015, 01:26 am »
Bingo! Haven't tried it yet though.... Supposed to be plug and play. Insert a CD in the drive, and a menu pops up. Other companies really need to take notes from Sony. Their UI is unbelievably great on the HAP.

Wait until you see the ELAC Rune based server...  :wink:

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 1 Dec 2015, 01:50 am »
MmmmKay!! I'll be on the lookout.. Got anything to share about it?? :green: