Greetings from the UK

Meirkat

Greetings from the UK
« on: 21 Apr 2015, 06:28 pm »
Hello to every one, I'm live the UK.

My name is Roy and I live in the Midlands (Stoke on Trent). I've been married for 35 years with two grown up children now left home, and a great interest hi-fi and music for as long as I can remember.

My current system consists of:
Linn Sondek LP12 / Ekos SE / Dynavector 10x5 - Turntable
Linn Karik / Numerik - CD
E.A.R. 868 pl - Preamplifier
NAD 3020A (Lab input section) - Power Amplifier.
Naim Intro - Loudspeakers

I fear my system is no where near up to the level of many (if not all) users of this forum, but I have been looking to replace my speakers (amongst other things) for a while and when I stumbled across a review of some VR-22 speakers I became very interested in VS. Upon further investigating and searching I was astonished to find that every review, article or whatever I read about VS speakers raved with so much praise and enthusiasm I felt I could have bought some right there and then.

Sadly however, I also discovered there is no dealership in the UK, so I fear it may be some time before I get the chance to own Von Schweikert speakers - if ever.
And this is my reason for joining the forum. In time, I would dearly love the chance to see, hear and hopefully own a pair of the VR-22's. Also I hope to learn more about all VS speakers and their creator Mr Von Schweikert himself. 

Kind Regards to All
Roy Meir.

Delacroix

Re: Greetings from the UK
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2015, 01:31 am »
Hi Roy

Welcome -- that system seems pretty nice to me, especially the front-end and preamp. Have lots of years on some Naim gear myself. Hope someone can point to the best way for our friends in the UK to hear some Vons.....anyone?

P.

skolis

« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2015, 03:59 am »
So he's not "next door"......
and I don't know him......
But Jean Sibelius in the Netherlands has a heck of system and setup.
( he's posted here)
Maybe if you ask nicely......
( apologies to Jean if I've overstepped)

JackD201

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2015, 08:26 am »
Violetmachan (Sam) is from the UK. I think he got his VR-9s from Cor in the Netherlands but I'm not sure. Across the channel in France, EERA is the French Distributor. You might try Didier de Luca of EERA.

Welcome to the Circle!

violetmachan

« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2015, 05:05 pm »
hello roy

welcome to the world of vsa
thanks jack.

if you keen on listening to vsa, Albert's all out  best home speaker design.....ie the vr9se mark2 in all it's spendour....I may be happy to help.

The right person to help you in UK/Europe is Cor Dekker of Musical Reality, Bergen , Holland
He is the main European Distributor for Albert and Von Schweikert Audio.

I am sure you should have a lot of the smaller vsa speakers on show/demonig at the munich hifi show early in may

If your are really serious about the vsa speaker systems .....I am sure cor will drive down to your home and give a realistic home workout and demo.....which is one of the best service I have ever had and most of all an absolute audio gem of a person.......ie only in audio terms!

Sam.(violetmachan)

Meirkat

« Reply #5 on: 6 Sep 2015, 02:33 pm »
Hi All,

Sorry I've not been around for a while, but now I'm back and I can tell you that I did indeed contact Cor in Holland.
We had a good chat and he offered to come over to UK but we (my wife and I) decided to make an adventure of it and took a trip on the ferry over to Holland instead.

We had 3 days over there (excluding ferry time) and enjoyed every minute of it (except the roads-but that's another story).
We spent a very pleasant afternoon with Cor in his studio listening mainly to the VR22's, and his signature VR44's. Then in the evening he took us on a guided tour of his home town Bergen (beautiful it is too) and treated us to a great steak meal at a local Steak House.

Thank you Cor for you're wonderful hospitality and kindness from myself and my wife.

Now we're back in the UK and the proud owners of a pair of VR22 loudspeakers. I'm curious to know if there are any other VR22 owners over here in the UK, - or am I now unique?
Any ways, I can honestly say I've never heard anything quite like these babies (or should that be beasts?  :icon_lol:). I'm still playing around with positioning at the moment but they really do get down and boogie, and groove, and sing!  :dance:

Thanks for you're help and info guy's
Kind Regards
Roy.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #6 on: 7 Sep 2015, 03:36 am »
What a terrific thread.  The VSA family, at its best!

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2015, 09:04 pm »
Hello Roy,

Welcome to the VSA owners circle!  We would like go thank you for your amazing perseverence in locating the VR-22's and we thank Mr Cor Dekker for helping get the audition even though you live several countries apart.

The fact that you purchased our VR-22's with only a short audition reinforces my belief that a speaker system, correcly designed, should appeal to a wide audience who know what live music should sound like.

I do not believe that there should be a wide varience in the sounds of speakers; sound is not a matter of chocolate vs vanilla. Sound should be true to the source!

Thank you for your confidence in our brand.  We look forward to some of your observations after some experiments with placement (although the 22's are not particularly sensitive to placement).

Happy listening,
Albert Von Schweikert and Team VSA