Dr. Feickert's Adjust+ Software is Very Well Done

claytontstanley

Dr. Feickert's Adjust+ Software is Very Well Done
« on: 27 Jan 2011, 07:29 pm »
I recently purchased Dr. Feickert's Adjust+ software to calibrate my turntable, and I just wanted to post that I think this is one of those must haves in your toolbox, if you're wanting to get serious about calibrating your turntable.

I know that you can use a multimeter to adjust the azimuth, but doing it this way doesn't allow you to see how your VTA interacts with changes in azimuth. This software reveals this interaction, and allows you to make sure that both your VTA and azimuth are calibrated correctly.

-Clayton

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
Re: Dr. Feickert's Adjust+ Software is Very Well Done
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2011, 09:40 pm »
Clayton,
Looks a little pricey, $340? How do you get your phono signal to your computer? Need a USB phono stage?

Azimuth is adjusted by minimizing crosstalk. You can do this with a test record. I just took a quick look at Feikert's site. This software looks really nice and relatively easy. Please tell us more.
neo

claytontstanley

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2011, 04:09 am »
Frequency response curve before calibrating with adjust+ software

Report used to set azimuth:

Frequency response curve after calibration

claytontstanley

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2011, 04:16 am »
Oh, and sorry; forgot to answer your question.

The software comes with a male RCA -> male 1/8" stereo jack that plugs into the line input on your computer (most machines have a line input). So no usb interface.

The software is only compatible with Windows, and I used my Windows XP VM running using Parallels on my MBPro, so it works just fine using a virtualized machine.

-Clayton