Looking for OMG upgrades for Vmps very large sub

Audio marine

Looking for OMG upgrades for Vmps very large sub
« on: 5 Feb 2014, 01:29 pm »
I will admit that I am still getting to know more about what seems like a great subwoofer. I have never heard or seen the sub in person, despite having just purchased two from owners in significantly distant places which will require two road trips. Both owners has their larger subwoofer upgraded with the mega woofers, I understand that their was yet smother upgrade offered later which consisted of a new driver and passive radiator ( OMG).  Does anyone know where or who I can contact to purchase these?  Is there even any stock left? Any additional info or history around this fascinating subwoofer would be appreciated.  I would also like to know what owners are using for amps as there seem to be so many options nowadays. Thanks in advance.

John Casler

Re: Looking for OMG upgrades for Vmps very large sub
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2014, 12:38 am »
I will admit that I am still getting to know more about what seems like a great subwoofer. I have never heard or seen the sub in person, despite having just purchased two from owners in significantly distant places which will require two road trips. Both owners has their larger subwoofer upgraded with the mega woofers, I understand that their was yet smother upgrade offered later which consisted of a new driver and passive radiator ( OMG).  Does anyone know where or who I can contact to purchase these?  Is there even any stock left? Any additional info or history around this fascinating subwoofer would be appreciated.  I would also like to know what owners are using for amps as there seem to be so many options nowadays. Thanks in advance.

There was no factory stock of the OMG, and we actually only found them effective in the VSS (Very SOlid Sub) cabinets.

Without modifying the LARGERS, the OMG (TC Sounds) woofers tend to be too much.

I know what we were using for the PBS Sub amps (Powered Bass Systems) at the end, and can still get them through the OEM. for you.

I also have access to the UltraMega Passive Radiator, which is equal to the OMG, but at a lower price point.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Shear Bliss

« Reply #2 on: 6 Feb 2014, 02:36 pm »
If your planning on running your subs with a XO the Crown K1 and K2 are great options, both offering high power (350) - (500) watts per channel into 8 ohms. Also both have very high damping factors to keep the woofers under control. Plus these two Crown amps use no fan to cool.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #3 on: 6 Feb 2014, 04:06 pm »
I use K2 on my two larger subs.  Works great.  You need an active crossover or passive low pass filter with the Crowns.  For HT, your pre/pro takes care of that.  If you don't have a crossover to bring in the subs to augment your mains (or monitor) you can use Dayton SA1000 which has the low pass as well as one pole room EQ built in.  I use them on my other subs.