DSD File Dot Com

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
DSD File Dot Com
« on: 3 Mar 2013, 08:27 pm »
I've downloaded two of there DSD samplers (one 2.8Mh and the other 5.6Mhz). Both sound very nice on my setup, and the price is reasonable.

rhmmmm

Re: DSD File Dot Com
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2013, 10:19 pm »
Cool. I'll check this out thanks!

scorpion

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2013, 06:58 pm »

There is a DSD demo at Opus 3 records this weekend and invitations have gone out in Sweden.
I live about 70 miles from the place and I would anyway be passing on the way to Stockholm so I'll attend for some hours.
I think Opus 3 records are available from Amazon. It's a Swedish high quality label never releasing any bad record.
It is basically a one man company, founder and owner Jan Eric Persson has been around since the vinyl days and is
doing he whole recording process himself, so he has full control.

I also downloaded the higher resolution DSDs myself and replayed over Foobar, Airfoil and Airport Express.
The quality is amazing and better, I think, than the similar 2L realeases. I also own quite a few of the titles on their original
CDs and SACDs. Basically these recordings run circles round the famous Manger test-record: 'Musik von einem anderen Stern'.

/Erling

mav52

« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2013, 07:46 pm »
I've downloaded two of there DSD samplers (one 2.8Mh and the other 5.6Mhz). Both sound very nice on my setup, and the price is reasonable.
What kind of setup do you have ?

randytsuch

« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2013, 08:16 pm »

There is a DSD demo at Opus 3 records this weekend and invitations have gone out in Sweden.
I live about 70 miles from the place and I would anyway be passing on the way to Stockholm so I'll attend for some hours.
I think Opus 3 records are available from Amazon. It's a Swedish high quality label never releasing any bad record.
It is basically a one man company, founder and owner Jan Eric Persson has been around since the vinyl days and is
doing he whole recording process himself, so he has full control.

I also downloaded the higher resolution DSDs myself and replayed over Foobar, Airfoil and Airport Express.
The quality is amazing and better, I think, than the similar 2L realeases. I also own quite a few of the titles on their original
CDs and SACDs. Basically these recordings run circles round the famous Manger test-record: 'Musik von einem anderen Stern'.

/Erling

I have some Opus3 SACD's, a sampler and Eric Bibb.
The Eric Bibb remains one of my favorites to this day.

I was an early SACD adopter, but unfortunately stopped buying SACD's a while ago, decision which I regret now when I see the prices.

Randy

scorpion

« Reply #5 on: 3 May 2013, 08:26 pm »
I think it is OK to put a Heads Up for dsdfile.com. Have a look at their site now.
Prices are very decent and recordings from Opus3 are top class already in Red Book and above all SACD versions.

/Erling

InfernoSTi

« Reply #6 on: 4 May 2013, 04:18 pm »
I downloaded the DSD Showcase #1 (x2 DSD) and it is a great set of recordings.  Very impressive sound quality.

I tried to download the DSD Showcase #2 but when I add it to my cart and go to check out, it adds in three other full albums at $20 each ($60) and won't carry the $12 Showcase over to checkout.  I'm not sure what the issue is (a broken link on their part, I'm sure).  Once that gets fixed, I'll buy the second sampler and keep their future releases in mind.

Overall, their sound quality is top notch!

Best,
John

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #7 on: 4 May 2013, 04:35 pm »
I think you have to pay and download one album at a time.

FYI the Tomas Ornberg blue five album is great.

InfernoSTi

« Reply #8 on: 6 May 2013, 03:55 am »
It worked fine today.  I really like No. 2 a lot!  Good recommendations....

John

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #9 on: 6 May 2013, 04:03 am »
I have all of their DSD128 offerings, and they are great!  A real proof point that DSD128 is a perfect analog archiving format.  Their analog tape to DSD128 process is sublime.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #10 on: 10 Aug 2013, 02:40 pm »
Opus3 has a few more DSD tunes. I downloaded Lars Erstrand's and am enjoying it quite a bit.