Gustard X20?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Gustard X20?
« Reply #40 on: 1 Mar 2016, 12:27 am »
"Well as the task, master mresseguie, has mentioned I have been asked to receive and burn in his new Gustard X20U as he is out of the country but just steps away from the factory :scratch:"

:rotflmao: :beer:

Strange but true. It must have something to do with outrageous import duties here.

It appears you're going to have to suffer with this new DAC for a while.  :icon_twisted:

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #41 on: 1 Mar 2016, 12:40 am »
"Well as the task, master mresseguie, has mentioned I have been asked to receive and burn in his new Gustard X20U as he is out of the country but just steps away from the factory :scratch:"

:rotflmao: :beer:

Strange but true. It must have something to do with outrageous import duties here.

It appears you're going to have to suffer with this new DAC for a while.  :icon_twisted:

So if anyone has a manual of the PDF variety or at least a clue to the battery so I don't screw up my task. 

They said there should have been a manual in the box but I didn't see it and since I am only the drop ship site I took care on flinging the packing to points I can find. :shake: :banghead: :banghead:

mresseguie

« Reply #42 on: 1 Mar 2016, 01:17 am »
The link below will give you the user's guide. The first half is in Simplified Chinese; the English version begins on page 21 (though the browser window suggests it is page 20).

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jH1SCg2

Please, no flinging of packages.  :wink:

aldcoll

« Reply #43 on: 1 Mar 2016, 03:15 am »
The link below will give you the user's guide. The first half is in Simplified Chinese; the English version begins on page 21 (though the browser window suggests it is page 20).

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jH1SCg2

Please, no flinging of packages.  :wink:

Having a issue with the provided link with a couple different browsers.m  I cant get a complete page to load.  Could you download the manual and email to me or post here.  I will be glad to pass along a English shortened version.

Phil A

« Reply #44 on: 1 Mar 2016, 03:26 am »
It's going - it takes a bit for the pages to pop up on Google Chrome.

Phil A

« Reply #45 on: 1 Mar 2016, 03:41 am »
Google Chrome will display it but if one hits the download button if will block it (unless one wants to risk it) for the following reasons:

"Google Chrome blocks downloads

Chrome automatically blocks harmful downloads that try to cause problems on your computer, like:

Giving you viruses
Leaking your private data
Changing your browser and computer settings
Adding unwanted extensions or toolbars to your browser
Why the download was blocked

Your file download may have been blocked for one of two reasons:

We think it might be a malicious, unwanted, or uncommon file.
Malicious: You tried downloading malware.
Unwanted: You tried downloading a deceptive piece of software. This program, disguised as a helpful download, may actually make unexpected changes to your computer.
Uncommon: You tried downloading an unfamiliar and potentially dangerous piece of software.
We've found that the website you tried to download the file from has been known to distribute malware."

aldcoll

« Reply #46 on: 1 Mar 2016, 04:52 am »
I nevertheless could load a page with three different browser's. And I tried multiple times.  And since I am just the warm up crew my time has been spent.  I did email the factory and they said the manual was in the box.   I sent a pick of the items received in this units box #326? Or there about and no manual.  I believe that is the trend from the postings I have seen.  Just would like to understand the filter  settings and battery for remote as no info inside it.   Would like a on power volume setting for when I try it as a pre amp.  But again just a happy temp.

mresseguie

« Reply #47 on: 1 Mar 2016, 05:23 am »
Hmm. I just sent you five attachments. I hope one will work for you.

I could not figure out how to copy the pages to paste onto here. Odd.....anyone else try?

ACHiPo

« Reply #48 on: 1 Mar 2016, 05:27 am »
My box didn't have a manual, either.  That's why I loaded the driver CD.  Good news I didn't need a manual.

ACHiPo

« Reply #49 on: 1 Mar 2016, 01:55 pm »
Losing track of hours, but something over 100 at this point and the sound is very nice indeed.  Detail continues, edginess is gone.  Grit, glare is unnoticeable if it's there.  Sibilance is natural.  The soundstage continues to extend beyond the speakers.  Very happy with this DAC.

Phil A

« Reply #50 on: 1 Mar 2016, 03:05 pm »
Hmm. I just sent you five attachments. I hope one will work for you.

I could not figure out how to copy the pages to paste onto here. Odd.....anyone else try?

I did - did not work.  I guess I could have tried the 'alt + print screen' and dumped them into Paint.

aldcoll

« Reply #51 on: 2 Mar 2016, 03:10 am »
Well after a few emails with the factory I have received a PDF of the manual. Bill also dais that they will be putting the manual on their web site. I will be glad to email a copy to those that contact me. 

No need to PM me as my email is below my avatar.  Please put something in the subject line like Manual from a AC friend.   :spammer:

ACHiPo you can drop in the next time you are in Oregon.

What I was glad to see were the instructions for Foobar for DSD for us folks that are just taking the plunge or still on the fence :peek:

They also sent a picture of the battery. It is a CR 2025  ( I am having a issue getting  mresseguie's remote to work) :scratch:

Ric Schultz

« Reply #52 on: 2 Mar 2016, 03:23 am »
What is their website and what is their email address?  Thanks.  I want to ask them a few questions.

mresseguie

« Reply #53 on: 2 Mar 2016, 03:35 am »
Aldcoll,

Are you trying to push my buttons? :wink:
« Last Edit: 3 Mar 2016, 12:33 am by mresseguie »

aldcoll

« Reply #54 on: 2 Mar 2016, 05:16 am »
What is their website and what is their email address?  Thanks.  I want to ask them a few questions.

I don't know who builds the Gustard. And this is a reoccurring theme from several boards.
They are marketed at the below web site and it appears to just be a major ecommerce for the Asian products.  IF you care to contact me directly I might have some information as I have been doing major hunting the last few days.

Here is the link    http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/gustard-dac-x20-super-ultimate-2-x-es9018-xmos-hifi-dac-384khz-dsd-dop-decoder.html

MikeR  The power button doesn't work but the rest of the remote seems to function.  But it will be a while till I turn it off.  Say April ??

I didn't find any manuals for any of the products on the website

ACHiPo

« Reply #55 on: 2 Mar 2016, 06:29 am »
I contacted the seller I bought my X20 from (very responsive).  They sent me a link that timed out.  I've asked for a PDF.

ACHiPo

« Reply #56 on: 2 Mar 2016, 06:30 am »
What battery are you guys talking about?

aldcoll

« Reply #57 on: 2 Mar 2016, 07:25 am »
A
Rick from looking at your website  you have been inside the X20 some.  How does the volume work outside of it being digital.  Is it cutting into the music signal?  If I am stating this correctly.    So if it is used in a pre amp configuration will most of the input music be strangled for no better term?

In a couple days I will be setting up that way so I can get  some pre amp work done

Thanks Alan. Hit me up for a manual

mresseguie

« Reply #58 on: 2 Mar 2016, 08:36 am »
Oh, BTW, the remote control's power button doesn't work.  :duh: In all the excitement surrounding the DAC's impending delivery and the power cord's wandering travels, I had forgotten to mention this.

The volume is entirely digital. If I recall correctly, the range is 0dB to -99dB. Is that right?

Several owners have experimented with using the DAC as a preamp in their systems. They seem quite happy with this arrangement. I do not know what preamps they started out with, so YMMV. I am hoping that I will like this DAC as a preamp in my system enough that I can retire my T8 (sell).

Ric has suggested a few tweaks on another forum - some easily done by 'all thumbs' types - others would require an experienced modder.

What else have I forgotten?

aldcoll

« Reply #59 on: 2 Mar 2016, 06:34 pm »
Thanks for the on off info.

And just a note as you will be returning shortly.  That cute kitten you dropped on in the trap that you said was the love of your life?

Well it had never seen the inside of a house,,,,,,,,,,,that it couldn't destroy.  And you said it was box trained?  I didn't realize that the box was 1400 square ft.   And it loves to sharpen it's claw's on my cherry Daedalus Pan's.   You said you really wanted a pair.  And since I have upgraded two models you can have my old Pan's for my replacement cost.

Enjoy your extended stay.  I will take care of fluffy for you.  They guys should have the sheet rock on the ceiling fixed by your return.

You Friend Alan.  Lover of animals and audio stuff