Maple Amp Stands and Table

Waker

Maple Amp Stands and Table
« on: 29 Mar 2012, 10:21 pm »
These are solid maple stands custom made for me by a good friend who has been making cabinets and furniture for thirty years in Minnesota. All joints are mortise and tenon, glued up with epoxy that has superior drying and strength compared to white glue.  The legs are massive, the aprons are over an inch in thickness.  Stands and table are topped with granite I ordered from a counter top company.  The stands are very reasonably priced and will last for generations. PM me for contact information. Bill will make any stand or entertainment center to your specifications.  His craftsmanship is very high in quality. 

Mike82

Re: Maple Amp Stands and Table
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2012, 12:21 pm »
Very nice workmanship.  Did you employ any dampening for the granite slabs?

Waker

« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2012, 06:19 pm »
Yes, only felt pads to separate the granite from the wood just a bit.  I am no expert on isolation engineering--just an organic approach that employs lots of mass.  Yes, the granite has a ring if I rap on it with my knuckles, but it's not worth worrying about--that trick is a bit misleading. If there were that much energy hitting the granite as transmitted through the air by speakers, the windows would have blown out first.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2012, 07:15 pm »
Waker,

These are wonderful looking stands....but your post(s) are not reviews so I have to freeze this topic now.

I wish your maple furniture building friend well in his endeavor, but I will need to decide where this topic may go on AudioCircle.  If I send to a commercial area within AC...the good news is that you can be free to divulge contact details of your friend more freely rather than simply telling folks to PM you.

Thanks, John / co-Facilitator The Critic's Circle