Bicycling On-the-Road

Levi

Re: Bicycling On-the-Road
« Reply #1320 on: 30 Nov 2014, 11:40 pm »
Ha ha ha...good one!

Levi, that's an amazing center image!  Very lifelike but I suspect it lacks weight...almost weightless in fact!

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
deleted
« Reply #1321 on: 6 Jan 2015, 03:46 am »
reposted

TomS

Re: deleted
« Reply #1322 on: 6 Jan 2015, 03:58 am »
deleted

Levi

« Reply #1323 on: 8 Jan 2015, 12:29 am »
Since it is cold and windy out, I figured I update everyone here.

My Garmin 510 support for Di2

mark50

« Reply #1324 on: 22 Feb 2015, 12:06 pm »
My last ride was on Feb 8th, 42 miles averaging 15mph on a Trek 2.3. Then we ran into more cold weather, then ice and snow. My threshold for winter riding is temps in the low 30s  under calm conditions (wind 5mph or less).

How about you?  There's a ride leader around here (Baltimore County) who led a ride last week when temps were still in the single digits.

wgscott

« Reply #1325 on: 4 May 2015, 04:08 pm »
Since it is cold and windy out, I figured I update everyone here.

My Garmin 510 support for Di2

That's great.  I've never owned a cycling computer, never having been a fan of electronic things on a bike (except for Di2).  Would you recommend the 510?

Also, how quickly does the SM-EWW01 drain the battery?  (I want to avoid the situation where the nurse wakes me up to administer the sleeping pill.)
« Last Edit: 4 May 2015, 05:16 pm by wgscott »

Levi

« Reply #1326 on: 18 Jun 2015, 05:16 am »
Hopefully, this is not too late.  I highly recommend the Garmin Edge 510 but if you require a larger screen and a map, The Edge 1000 is next in the Garmin line.

I can toggle between different pages/screen with my Di2 9070 top buttons.  Battery life is good even with the remote Di2 transmitter.  You can monitor battery life in your Garmin device.  No more night sweats.   :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #1327 on: 26 Jun 2015, 02:32 am »
I just converted my 3G Beach Cruiser to an e-bike with the conversion kit from Clean Republic.  I like it because it's front-wheel based, so I just needed to change out the front tire, no need to mess with the rear wheel or gear shift at all.  Just put on the front wheel, attach the battery to your frame, run the wires to the handlebar and to the front wheel.  Done. 

It's nice that it's front wheel based because you can still pedal the rear wheel like normal and you've converted your bike to an "all wheel drive", haha.  And it does a great job helping me power up some of these insane hills that I live right in the middle of. 

LadyDog

« Reply #1328 on: 30 Jun 2015, 09:49 pm »
Incoming....................having a bad riding summer, so thought a little motivation might help.

I'll swap out most of the parts, more of a Campy person, but looking forward to it.

Meicheng

« Reply #1329 on: 30 Jun 2015, 10:08 pm »
Looks like a sweet ride.  What does that baby weigh?  About 17lbs?

Don_S

Online Used Bike Sales Sites?
« Reply #1330 on: 7 Jul 2016, 03:19 pm »
Are there any sites dedicated to individuals selling bicycles and parts?  I would like to use one to find prices and then advertise on Craig's List so I do not have to ship.  If possible I could also advertise on that site for local pickup only.

I did check eBay for prices but don't want to sell there.

Thanks for any help.

syzygy

« Reply #1331 on: 7 Jul 2016, 03:41 pm »

My 1993 Bridgestone XO-1, an incredibly versatile, fast, and fun bike, I've done centuries, commuted, ridden in the woods, and  fire roads out west. It has relaxed road geometry, 26" wheels that will fit tires from 1" road to 2.0" knobbies. It has become a very collectible cult bike with stupid high prices, but I'll never sell mine.

Rusty Jefferson

Re: Online Used Bike Sales Sites?
« Reply #1332 on: 8 Jul 2016, 02:10 am »
Are there any sites dedicated to individuals selling bicycles and parts?  I would like to use one to find prices and then advertise on Craig's List so I do not have to ship.  If possible I could also advertise on that site for local pickup only.

I did check eBay for prices but don't want to sell there.

Thanks for any help.

There are (were) some vintage specific sites that included classifieds.  Next time I'm at my computer I'll see if I bookmarked any. There are also Google groups for some brands, like Rivendell. 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #1333 on: 8 Jul 2016, 02:38 am »
Some info in the classified here:

http://www.roadbikereview.com/

George

Levi

« Reply #1334 on: 8 Jul 2016, 03:18 am »
Nice Bike Ladydog!

@Don_S, there is a group page on facebook called Tri-n-sell.  You can join and become a member of the group to see the listings. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/trinsell/