Have a little Anarchy for the Holidays

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Have a little Anarchy for the Holidays
« Reply #20 on: 3 Jan 2010, 02:25 pm »
I'll trade you a pair of loudspeakers for some Art Panels and diffusors Bryan.    That would seriously upgrade my room and I'd love to do an Exodus version with some tasteful design elements.   

Hehe - I'd love to.  Not sure what Glenn would think about that though  :nono: :wink:  Drop me a line and we might be able to work something out.

So how much have you played with the driver in various boxes?

Bryan

TerryO

« Reply #21 on: 5 Jan 2010, 05:39 am »
Hehe - I'd love to.  Not sure what Glenn would think about that though  :nono: :wink:  Drop me a line and we might be able to work something out.

So how much have you played with the driver in various boxes?

Bryan

Brian,
Don't do it, if he puts the panels and diffusors into his listening room, Kevin will make me sleep in my car the next time I'm over his way.:nono:

Kevin's always messing around with something, the guy just can't sit still. In fact, he was putting together a super secret project when I talked to him earlier today. It does involve the Anarchy, but I'm not permitted to say more.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #22 on: 5 Jan 2010, 05:28 pm »
Brian,
Don't do it, if he puts the panels and diffusors into his listening room, Kevin will make me sleep in my car the next time I'm over his way.:nono:

Kevin's always messing around with something, the guy just can't sit still. In fact, he was putting together a super secret project when I talked to him earlier today. It does involve the Anarchy, but I'm not permitted to say more.

Best Regards,
TerryO

The bed is going to move anyway Terry.   I'm building a room in the garage for Lucas and that bed is going to him so you are going to have to sleep with the dog next trip.   :)

TerryO

« Reply #23 on: 6 Jan 2010, 06:47 am »
The bed is going to move anyway Terry.   I'm building a room in the garage for Lucas and that bed is going to him so you are going to have to sleep with the dog next trip.   :)

As long as it's not in the same room with you, I'll be OK. Your dog doesn't snore nearly as loud as you do!
 :o

Signed,
"Sleepless at VSAC"

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #24 on: 6 Jan 2010, 04:45 pm »
As long as it's not in the same room with you, I'll be OK. Your dog doesn't snore nearly as loud as you do!
 :o

Signed,
"Sleepless at VSAC"

Dallas (the dog) may not snore but he has another biological function that may keep you awake.   

TerryO

« Reply #25 on: 6 Jan 2010, 07:08 pm »
Dallas (the dog) may not snore but he has another biological function that may keep you awake.

Dallas? I thought his name was Lubbock.  :duh:

I think it's pretty low to say nasty things about him that he can't help.

As I've always been a defender and champion of the oppressed "underdog," I feel it's only fair to point out that he has far less fleas than a certain "Audio Professional" that shall remain anonymous.

Best Regards,
"Truthful" TerryO

klh

« Reply #26 on: 17 Jan 2010, 12:25 am »
Just as an FYI, I ordered a dozen of these guys and they came via UPS on Thursday. Very well packed and suprisingly heavy little guys. Although extremely unscientific (my opinion), the craftsmanship appears very good and the look and feel is substantial. I have a guy designing three 2.5 way towers for up front and four ceiling mounted pseudo omni MT surrounds for the rear. The extra two Anarchy's will be for two additional MTs going in the family room. Should be nice but it's going to take a while for the build to finish. I'll post more in a dedicated thread as is warranted. Oh yeah... the tweeter will likely be from SB Acoustics... but that is not finalized.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #27 on: 17 Jan 2010, 09:49 pm »
Just as an FYI, I ordered a dozen of these guys and they came via UPS on Thursday. Very well packed and suprisingly heavy little guys. Although extremely unscientific (my opinion), the craftsmanship appears very good and the look and feel is substantial. I have a guy designing three 2.5 way towers for up front and four ceiling mounted pseudo omni MT surrounds for the rear. The extra two Anarchy's will be for two additional MTs going in the family room. Should be nice but it's going to take a while for the build to finish. I'll post more in a dedicated thread as is warranted. Oh yeah... the tweeter will likely be from SB Acoustics... but that is not finalized.

The build-house for these is top-notch.   They have a reputation for quality and they have a great engineering department with a Klippel in the prototype facility.    One of the reasons I work with them is because of the strength of their in-house engineering and the quality of their production measures.    You pay a little extra but for me I don't really care about cost.   I'd rather spend an extra 10-20% and have high Q/C and production consistency.    You can use cheaper places but the extra $5 per driver is money well spent.     

Saurav

« Reply #28 on: 2 Feb 2010, 02:06 am »
Could you speculate on how well these would work as an open baffle midrange? Say between 250-350Hz up to around 2kHz?

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #29 on: 2 Feb 2010, 04:47 am »
Could you speculate on how well these would work as an open baffle midrange? Say between 250-350Hz up to around 2kHz?

Should work great in that capacity because they have lots of stroke, minimal noise with excursion and they have smooth usable response in that range.   For something like an Orion type of midwoofer they would be great.   

I've been modeling a couple horn designs.   Get this... corner loaded should get at least 115dB from 25Hz-80Hz in about 2.5 cubic feet.   How is that for insane?   :lol:

JDUBS

« Reply #30 on: 2 Feb 2010, 05:27 am »
I've been modeling a couple horn designs.   Get this... corner loaded should get at least 115dB from 25Hz-80Hz in about 2.5 cubic feet.   How is that for insane?   :lol:

Awesome!   :thumb:

Saurav

« Reply #31 on: 2 Feb 2010, 05:43 am »
Thanks. I'll be keeping my eye on this one :)

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #32 on: 3 Feb 2010, 12:45 am »
There is a review of the Anarchy in the upcoming March issue of Voice Coil Magazine for those acoustical engineers who want to see more detail.   I've not seen the article but I know how they measure so expect it to be positive.   For those industry folks you can sign up for the digital download version at this link.

http://www.audioxpress.com/magsdirx/voxcoil/index.htm

Also the price is adjusting upward as I have to set it to some sort of sustainable long-term value.   Originally that was going to be $80 bones but I think I'll keep it right around $65 which is still a good value but enough that I can upgrade my lunch menu from Mac & Cheese and Top Ramen Noodles. 

Saurav

« Reply #33 on: 3 Feb 2010, 02:32 am »
Any idea when you might be raising the price? :)

TomW16

« Reply #34 on: 3 Feb 2010, 03:43 am »
Any idea when you might be raising the price? :)

I have a feeling that you will be getting a glut of orders just prior to the price hike.  I might be one of those orders once a good speaker design is hashed out.

Thanks.
Tom

P.S.  I went to the site and the sale ends February 9, 2010!

persisting1

« Reply #35 on: 4 Feb 2010, 07:29 am »
I couldn't find where it says when sale ends.

Is the price going up before Danny designs something for these drivers?  Might have to get a pair before it does.

I have a feeling that you will be getting a glut of orders just prior to the price hike.  I might be one of those orders once a good speaker design is hashed out.

Thanks.
Tom

P.S.  I went to the site and the sale ends February 9, 2010!

TerryO

« Reply #36 on: 4 Feb 2010, 08:22 am »
Should work great in that capacity because they have lots of stroke, minimal noise with excursion and they have smooth usable response in that range.   For something like an Orion type of midwoofer they would be great.   

Kevin,

I'm ready when you are.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #37 on: 4 Feb 2010, 02:46 pm »
Kevin,

I'm ready when you are.

Best Regards,
TerryO

I'm ready for vacation.   I never thought I'd get tired of talking about audio but I'm just about there.   :lol:

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

TerryO

« Reply #38 on: 4 Feb 2010, 09:17 pm »
I'm ready for vacation.   I never thought I'd get tired of talking about audio but I'm just about there.   :lol:

Kevin

Kevin,
With the hours you spend working, I'm not surprised a bit that you could use a vacation!

I always found it to be therapeutic to beat my kids from time to time, that is, until they got big enough to reciprocate. Now I live in mortal fear and sleep with one eye open, just in case!
:green:

Would you like me to put you in touch with my Channeler, Kray Z. Knight?

Seriously, you could use some "downtime," which I'm afraid, you're seemingly incapable of.

Best Regards,
Terry

mcullinan

« Reply #39 on: 4 Feb 2010, 09:22 pm »
Will these fit in a car door?  Would they be good in a 2.1 car audio application?
Thanks.
M