Channel Islands Integrated?

kfr01

« Reply #20 on: 27 Jan 2006, 07:26 pm »
Quote from: giorgino1
Audio listening is already a sedentary enough of a lifestyle without being exacebated by a remote control. Think about your circulation and spreading butt-cheeks lads... :D

I work hard and I exercise.  Audio time is relaxation time for me.  It is not relaxing to get up and turn a knob.  I would never buy a system without a remote.

giorgino1

« Reply #21 on: 27 Jan 2006, 10:59 pm »
So, it looks like it's just me who's fat and lazy then...?   :roll:

kfr01

« Reply #22 on: 27 Jan 2006, 11:17 pm »
Quote from: giorgino1
So, it looks like it's just me who's fat and lazy then...?   :roll:

Did I say that?  All I said was that ----- I ----- prefer a remote and to relax when listening to music.  

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

CIAudio

« Reply #23 on: 28 Jan 2006, 01:25 am »
I'm not the kinda guy who HAS to have a remote, but I agree that integrateds and preamps would sell much better with them  :)

giorgino1

« Reply #24 on: 28 Jan 2006, 01:37 am »
Did I say that?

Noo - I'm just kidding around.  :)
Yeah, a remote is sometimes pretty useful to adjust the volume from the listening position depending on recording levels.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #25 on: 28 Jan 2006, 10:23 am »
I'm doing just fine with my Squeeze Box (SB) and a pair of Channel Island monoblocks.

The SB offers internet audio streaming, high quality playback (after mods)of my CD collection via the computer, and a remote so I never have to get out of my chair.

So who needs a pre-amp or integrated?

Dusty -

I like the company name just fine, but with President Bush's secret spying could we come up with a better abbrevation, so these messges don't come up on the NSA's screen?   :roll:

USAudio

Re: Channel Islands Integrated?
« Reply #26 on: 20 Jan 2007, 05:05 am »
What's the latest word on a CIAudio integrated amplifer? 
Anything in the works that can be announced yet? 

CIAudio

« Reply #27 on: 20 Jan 2007, 05:49 am »

Not yet...still working on getting D-400 into production, but the integrated is still on the to-do list  :)

dhiebert

• http://darrenhiebert.com
Re: Remote please...
« Reply #28 on: 20 Jan 2007, 04:31 pm »
If you do decide to make an integrated, please make it remote.  There's just no way I'd (and I bet many others) would ever consider buying a $1000+ non-remote controlled integrated in the year 2006. 

I don't believe in remote controls. God forbid the day I become so lazy that I can't tell my wife and kids to change the channel for me!   :lol:

unityaudio.ca

« Reply #29 on: 20 Jan 2007, 05:45 pm »

Not yet...still working on getting D-400 into production, but the integrated is still on the to-do list  :)

You need to clone yourself Dusty.  :P :wink:

USAudio

« Reply #30 on: 21 Jan 2007, 04:04 am »

Thanks Dusty for your candor and for taking the time to answer all our inquiries here.
Business must really be hopping for you, that's terrific!!!
:thumb:

george_k

« Reply #31 on: 5 Oct 2007, 03:52 pm »
Dusty how far away is the plan for an integrated?

The reason I ask is that I need to upgrade my current setup, if we are talking 1-2 years I'll wait to see what you come up with.

TONEPUB

« Reply #32 on: 5 Oct 2007, 03:55 pm »
A CI integrated is an awesome idea...

We see a lot of people asking for that kind of thing.
Integrateds are making a huge comeback!

USAudio

« Reply #33 on: 6 Oct 2007, 08:48 pm »
A CI integrated is an awesome idea...

We see a lot of people asking for that kind of thing.
Integrateds are making a huge comeback!
I agree, integrateds can offer excellent sound and tend to be more affordable than seperates.
A similar CIAudio product offering a combination of the D-100's and PLC-1 all in the same chassis would be terrific!  (Especially if it can be offered for around $2000USD or less)
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2007, 05:30 pm by USAudio »

JLM

« Reply #34 on: 7 Oct 2007, 10:53 am »
But wouldn't that end up making the size/shape a CIA product that looks like everything else?  (I like being unique.)

With Dusty's current path you must add a pair of interconnects and use two versus one AC receptacle, but you have full channel isolation in the power amps, can choose which pre-amp you want, keep the low voltage pre-amp circuits away from the power amp circuits, and have greater flexibility for locating smaller pieces.

Seems to me the real question aught to be how much could be saved by putting everything in one box versus three.  Frankly I don't see much savings or much of a market for a $2000 integrated.

I do wish entry into CIA was less expensive, so my ideal integrated would be to put a VPC-3 plus two VMB-1 monoblocks (with perhaps a shared power supply) together for around $1000.  This would also stretch the financial range of CIA pre/power offerings (currently in a rather narrow range of $1900 - 3200).

unityaudio.ca

« Reply #35 on: 16 Oct 2007, 10:20 pm »
Too bad the VMB1's are no longer available  :cry:

JLM

« Reply #36 on: 16 Oct 2007, 10:57 pm »
Oops, I'll have to amend the CIA pre/power price range with the release of the D-500 to between $1900 and $5400.  A move in the wrong direction to me, but its not my company and I don't know if Dusty's quality could be maintained at the previously mentioned $1000 price point.

Yes, 40 wpc is plenty for many applications.  The new D-500 monoblocks moves CIA even fartther upscale and up wattage.  I wonder how much need there is for 500 watts?  (I know that its better to have too many clean watts than to clip a smaller amp, but if you look into dB of gain, the watts race becomes pretty meaningless much above 100 watts.)

CIAudio

« Reply #37 on: 17 Oct 2007, 03:47 pm »
Oops, I'll have to amend the CIA pre/power price range with the release of the D-500 to between $1900 and $5400.  A move in the wrong direction to me, but its not my company and I don't know if Dusty's quality could be maintained at the previously mentioned $1000 price point.

Yes, 40 wpc is plenty for many applications.  The new D-500 monoblocks moves CIA even fartther upscale and up wattage.  I wonder how much need there is for 500 watts?  (I know that its better to have too many clean watts than to clip a smaller amp, but if you look into dB of gain, the watts race becomes pretty meaningless much above 100 watts.)

D•500s were developed for systems that need a lot of power...generally large and inefficient speakers used in large rooms.

We are still undecided as to what the integrated will consist of, but most likely a PLC-1 based front end with around 150w per channel at around $2500.

Although we are known for making "high performance to cost ratio" products, a $1000 integrated is not really possible when hand-made in the USA.

Many companies sell Chinese made products in this price range, but ours will never be made there  :D

miklorsmith

« Reply #38 on: 17 Oct 2007, 04:02 pm »
No knock on stuff from China or anywhere else, but that warms my heart Dusty.   :thumb:

USAudio

« Reply #39 on: 18 Oct 2007, 04:24 pm »
Many companies sell Chinese made products in this price range, but ours will never be made there  :D

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: